Do you suffer from heartburn? I do from time to time. I used to have it happen a lot more often when I was younger. I guess because years ago I lived in pepperoni pizza, tacos and other foods that are known to cause heartburn. As per WedMD foods such as tomatoes, citrus fruits, garlic, onions, chocolate, coffee, alcohol, caffeinated products, and peppermint and dishes high in fats and oils (animal or vegetable) commonly cause heartburn in many people. Overeating, obesity, pregnancy and stress can also cause heartburn. Some heartburn can be so bad you’ll think you’ll need home care services just to deal with it.
Heartburn actually has nothing to do with your heart. Heartburn is caused when the lower esophageal sphincter opens up too often or does not close tight enough allowing stomach acid can reflux into the esophagus. Because of it’s location and the burning sensation some people think it feels like your heart is “burning”.
Thankfully these days I rarely experience heartburn. Sadly I know many people suffer from it on a regular basis and need to take medication to help keep it under control.
If you happen to suffer from frequent heartburn and use the product Prilosec OTC you might be very interested in knowing that you can get a $25.00 gift card just by purchasing two 42-count boxes of Prilosec OTC in the same transaction. After your purchase you just need to download the mail in form found here on the Prilosec website, http://www.prilosecotc.com/en_US/consumer/PromotionsDiscounts/Pages/RebateOffer.aspx.
Once submitted you’ll receive a $25.00 gift card in the mail.
HURRY! You must make your purchases before February 15, 2011 to qualify. The purchase receipt, form and UPC codes much be mailed in before March 1, 2011.
To learn more about Prilosec OTC or this offer please visit their official website at www.PrilosecOTC.com.
Prilosec OTC would love to award a lucky reader with a special Prilosec OTC gift set which includes a $100 American Express (AMEX) gift card.
To enter please comment on what food you would splurge on if you won the $100 AMEX gift card? For me that would be Pineapple Pizza! I ♥ pizza topped with pineapple. YUMMY!
For extra entries you can do any or all of the following. Please be sure to leave a separate comment for each that you have done. Extra entries are optional.
– Subscribe to She Scribes and/or Connect with Google Friend Connect. Both options are found on the right side bar.
– “Like” Prilosec OTC on Facebook, www.Facebook.com/PrilosecOTC. I would appreciate it a lot if you could mention that She Scribes sent you and leave a link back to this post so others can enter. I would really ♥ some more site visitors. You can use this shortened URL too if you want, http://tinyurl.com/4oal32w.
– “Like” She Scribes on Facebook, www.Facebook.com/SheScribes.
– Follow She Scribes on Twitter (www.Twitter.com/She_Scribes) and tweet about this giveaway. Please use the hashtag #POTCBOGO in your tweet as well as @She_Scribes so I can see it too. You are welcome to copy and paste this tweet to make it easier for you. This is limited to up to three tweets per day. Thanks!
#Win a $100 AMEX gift card & Prilosec OTC gift set @She_Scribes http://tinyurl.com/4oal32w #giveaway #POTCBOGO
– Use any or all of the social networking buttons found at the bottom of this post (Facebook, Stumble Upon, Digg…) to share this giveaway with others. Please be sure to tell me what you did and provide a name and/or URL so I can verify.
– Blog about this special giveaway and link back to this post. Please provide the URL of your post.
This giveaway is open to US residents and will end on January 24, 2011 at 11:59 PM (EST). The winner will be chosen at random from all eligible entries using a random number generator. The winner will be notified via e-mail and will have three days to reply with a name and mailing address (no PO Box) or a new winner will be selected.
Other giveaways will be found on the right side bar under “Win It”.
You can also enter on these blogs too and increase your chances of winning.
My Silly Monkyes
*I was not compensated in any way for this post. I posted this giveaway for the enjoyment and benefit of my site readers. Any opinions expressed are my own.