Life is very unpredictable. The littlest things can either “make or break” your entire day. Whether it’s a warm smile from a stranger that brightens your day, or the zipper breaking on your favorite pair of jeans ruining your day.
I’m a rather easy peasy kind of person. It doesn’t take much to make my day seem extra special. Take for example today. Earlier in the day I received an unexpected text message from a long time friend. He has Diabetes like I do and he’s trying to lose weight, just like I am. He asked me how I was doing with my Diabetes management and weight loss. He also wrote “I just want to say I’m really proud of your progress and the things you do in life. You are an awesome person and I love that you get rewarded for being as such“. In another text he went on to say “I’m always here for you should you ever need support“. Awww… that was so sweet! It made my heart smile to know that my friend had such nice things to say about me. Plus it feels good to know that I have a great support system between my dear hubby and my friends should I ever need it.
Sometimes it’s the little things that make my day great. A compliment, a smile, an e-mail from a distant relative or friend I’ve lost touch with… these things are always great and make my day. Sometimes it’s the people in life that help to make your day too. My husband almost always finds a way to make every day special. Sometimes it’s the things he says. Other times it’s the things he does for me. I’m not talking $$$ jewelry, exotic vacations or flowers. I’m referring to things like doing the dishes for me, rubbing my shoulders without being asked, or offering to take the kids out for a little while so I can have some “quiet time”.
I love IHOP’s new campaign about how a great breakfast can set things in motion to make you have a great day. I know a delicious breakfast is something I love to start my day off with. Especially IHOP’s funnel cakes. IHOP has a delicious lineup of fruit-topped funnel cakes, crispy golden waffles and sweet cream cheese-filled crepes. They will only be available for a limited time.
These delicious summer time favorites are served a la carte or as part of a combination along with two eggs, golden hash browns and a choice of crisp bacon, savory pork sausage or hearty ham.
- Fruit-topped Funnel Cakes: Two warm, delicious funnel cakes with creamy whipped topping, powdered sugar and choice of fruit topping: cool strawberry, warm blueberry or cinnamon-apple.
- Strawberry Banana Waffle: Two waffle triangles topped with strawberries in glaze, sliced fresh banana and creamy whipped topping.
- Summer Berry Crepe: A delicate egg batter crepe with sweet cream cheese filling and crowned with a trio of berries, powered sugar and creamy whipped topping.
- SIMPLE & FIT Strawberry Banana Waffle Combo: With only 380 calories, it features two waffle triangles topped with strawberries in glaze and sliced fresh banana served with scrambled egg substitute and two strips of turkey bacon.
Oh! I am craving some right now!
Check out this cute commercial from IHOP about how a tasty breakfast makes a carnival employee’s day so wonderful that he passes the happiness on to a little girl.
To find an IHOP location near you please visit www.IHOP.com.
IHOP would love to give TWO lucky readers a $50.00 gift certificate so that they can enjoy the summer time options (or anything else from the menu). Thank you IHOP!
To enter please tell me about someone who has made a positive impact in your life.
For extra entries you can do any or all of the following. Please leave a separate comment for each that you have done. Extra entries are optional.
- Subscribe to She Scribes and/or Connect with Google Friend Connect. Both options are found on the right side bar.
- “Like” She Scribes on Facebook, www.Facebook.com/SheScribes.
- “Like” IHOP on Facebook, www.Facebook.com/IHOP.
- Follow She Scribes on Twitter, www.Twitter.com/She_Scribes and tweet about this giveaway. Please include @She_Scribes in the tweet so I can see it too. This is limited to three tweets per day.
- Share this giveaway with others on Facebook, Digg, Technorati and so forth. Be sure to tell me what you did and please provide a name and/or URL so I can verify.
- Leave a thoughtful comment on a non-giveaway post here on She Scribes. Please provide the URL of the post you commented on. Limit one comment per post. This is an unlimited entry option, meaning you can comment on many different posts for an additional entry option (the mandatory entry option must be completed first).
- Post about this giveaway on your site and/or add my button or text link to your blog/site. Please tell me what you did and provide the URL.
This giveaway is open to US residents only and will end on July 10, 2011 at 11:59 PM (EST). The winner will be chosen at random using a random number generator from all eligible entries. The winner will be notified via e-mail and will have three days to reply with a name and mailing address (no PO Box) or a new winner will be chosen in their place.
Other awesome giveaways can be found on the right side bar under “Win It”.
*I was not compensated in any way for this post. I posted this for the benefit and enjoyment of my site readers. Any opinion expressed is my own. IHOP will be providing the gift cards.