Have you ever tried Smuckers Uncrustables? They are one of my “guilty pleasures”. It’s super easy to make a PB&J sandwich, but I really like the taste of the Uncrustables. They need to be kept frozen so you have to let them thaw before you can eat them. I like to eat them when they are still a bit cold. I don’t know why. I just like them that way. I have also always been fascinated by how the bread comes out so nice and soft, even though it started out in a frozen state. If you have ever enjoyed Uncrustables before I’m sure you know what I am talking about.
I also like that they a great “grab and go” lunch or snack. There is no need to keep them cold or warm them up. Simply allow them to thaw out, unwrap and enjoy.
We started to purchase Uncrustables years ago when they first came out, back when my kids were little and not able to make their own sandwiches. Even though my kids are older now they still enjoy grabbing for an Uncrustable.
A funny story about bread crusts. When I was little my mom told me that if I ate the crust on bread my hair would be curly. I didn’t want my hair to be curly so I had my mom remove all the crusts from my sandwiches. The older I got I realized it was an old wife’s tale. I actually like the crust on bread. And for the record I have naturally wavy and curly hair, so all those years not eating the crusts on the bread was for nothing. Ha Ha. 🙂
Smucker’s Uncrustables know that families are always on the go. Some would even say that some families are unstoppable, even long after the kids are back to school. I admire families that are always on the go and on a new adventure all the time. My family does it’s best to go on as many adventures as we can. Some people might not consider them true adventures, but for our family they are, and that is what matters most. All the adventures my family goes on create memories that will last a lifetime. For us that is what is most important. Our kids will remember the things we did as a family more so then what car we drove or how much money we spent on something.
The contest is called the Smucker’s Uncrustables Unstoppable Family Photo Contest. This fun contest encourages families to submit a photo of their unstoppable families in action, along with a caption, for a chance to win a $10,000 family adventure for up to 3 guests to Yosemite National Park. I’ve been to Yosemite (granted it was 30 years ago). It is BEAUTIFUL there. I would love to take my family there some day. Talk about a great adventure and a lot of special memories. Yosemite would certainly fulfill that for our family.
To help launch the contest, Smucker’s Uncrustables has partnered with Olympic gold medal figure skater and mom-of-two Kristi Yamaguchi. Parents can get a glimpse of a day in the life of her unstoppable family, check out her on-the-go tips, plus enter the Smucker’s Uncrustables Unstoppable Family Photo Contest at www.Uncrustables.com now through October 5, 2011.
Everyone will have the opportunity to vote on the best photo and caption in January 2012.
To kick off the Smucker’s Uncrustables Unstoppable Family Photo Contest I have an Uncrustables Adventure-Ready Survival Kit to give to a lucky winner. The kit is valued at $130 and contains the following fun products.
– BUILT lunch bag
– 5 coupons good for free Uncrustables sandwiches
– Sandwich holders
– ‘Fifty Plates from Fifty States’ car game
– Moleskin Journal (a great way to record your family adventures!)
– 2GB memory card (ideal for storing all the photos of your amazing adventures).
To enter please answer this question – If you could take your family, and Uncrustables, on any adventure, what would it be?
For extra entries you can do any or all of the following. Please leave a separate comment for each that you have done. Extra entries are optional.
– Subscribe to She Scribes and/or Connect with Google Friend Connect. Both options are found on the right side bar.
– “Like” She Scribes on Facebook, www.Facebook.com/SheScribes.
– “Like” Uncrustables on Facebook, www.Facebook.com/Uncrustables.
– Follow Uncrustables on Twitter, www.Twitter.com/Uncrustables.
– Follow She Scribes on Twitter, www.Twitter.com/She_Scribes and tweet about this giveaway and/or the Smucker’s Uncrustables Unstoppable Family Photo Contest. Please include @She_Scribes AND @Uncrustables in the tweet so I can see it too. This is limited to three tweets per day.
– Share this review/giveaway with others on Facebook, Digg, Technorati and so forth. Be sure to tell me what you did and please provide a name and/or URL so I can verify.
– Leave a thoughtful comment on a non-giveaway post on She Scribes and tell me which post you commented on. There is a limit of one comment per post, but you can comment on as many posts as you want for an unlimited extra entry option.
– Post about this giveaway and/or the Smucker’s Uncrustables Unstoppable Family Photo Contest on your site and please link back to this post. Please provide the URL.
This giveaway is open to US residents only and will end on August 21, 2011 at 11:59 PM (EST). The winner will be chosen at random using a random number generator from all eligible entries. The winner will be notified via e-mail and will have three days to reply with a name and mailing address (no PO Box) and phone number (shipping purposes only). Failure to do so will result in a new winner will be chosen in their place.
Other great giveaways can be found on the right side bar under “Win It”.
*I will be receiving free sample products for this post. There was no compensation. Any opinions expressed are my own. Smuckers will be providing the prize package.
** Photo contest is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C., age 18 or older. Void outside the 50 United States and D.C. and where prohibited. Visit www.Uncrustables.com for complete Official Rules.