As most of my readers know I live in a shoe box size condo. We can barely find a parking space most of the time, let alone enjoy the luxury of a garage. Oh! If only we could have a garage. I would do anything not to bring in groceries in the rain and chip away at the ice that builds up around our cars in the Winter.
When my husband and I first got married and were looking for a place to live we had a wish list a mile long of the things we wanted in our home. Sadly we never got any of them. We were so desperate for a place to live that we jumped on the chance to buy this condo.
Over the years we have learned what is most important to us. Now our wish list for a house only includes bedrooms for everyone (a spare would be nice), a fence in yard for our pets and a garage. A fireplace would be nice too.
My father and grandfather have garages. Oh… it must be so nice to sit in your nice, warm, dry car and press a button to open the garage door so you could drive right in. You never have to worry about getting out in the rain or freezing cold to open up your garage. That is the beauty of garage door openers. You realize just how nice they are until you try and use a garage door that doesn’t have one. If we are ever blessed to have a house and it happens to have a garage, buying a garage door opener is one of my first purchases.
Genie contacted me not too long ago asking me if I’d be interested in giving away to one of my readers one of their Genie SilentMax 1000 garage door opener sets. Since I can appreciate the value of a garage door opener I figure it would be a fun giveaway to offer to my readers. I’m only sorry I can’t review it too (we don’t have a garage).
Genie, one of America’s best known and trusted consumer brand names, has put a renewed focus on household safety. If you have a garage door, I’m sure it’s something that you use on a daily basis and probably don’t think twice about. Genie is releasing garage door openers with new features to make them safer for you and your family. The best part many Genie products can be purchased at local retailers and easily installed using items found in your toolbox.
The Genie SilentMax 1000 garage door openers are equipped with great safety features. For example, there is a device that connects to the garage door opener and can send a signal to the remote to let you know whether or not you closed your garage door (based on a red or green light). That is a good reminder to you (in case you are forgetful like me – ha ha). Plus it would let you know if something is blocking the door from closing.
Did you know that installing a garage door opener is an easy DIY project? To give you an idea of just how easy they are to install check out Genie’s YouTube channel (<— click on the words to visit the channel). You can also find them under the name “geniecompanyvideos” on YouTube. I can tell you right now that I tend to be “technologically challenged”, but I tend to understand things much better when I have a visual. I found the videos to be very helpful. It’s nice to “see” what you need to do as well as have the option to stop and reply the video if you need to see the step over again.
The videos on the Genie YouTube channel are also for the SilentMax 1000. The dealer equivalent is the IntelliG 1000, which is what appears on the YouTube channel videos. They are the exact same openers, they just has different names in the retail and dealer channels. The same instructions for the IntellliG 1000 nel show IntelliG 1000 also apply for programming the SilentMax 1000.
If you would like more information about Genie products, the SilentMax 1000, or to find a dealer near you, click on the words below to be taken to the appropriate pages.
- Genie Dealer Locator (or if you need help installing your opener)
* A word of caution. If you take your car to get it’s oil changed or to the mechanics make sure to take the remote with you. Don’t leave it in the car. These places have your address and could steal the remote to gain access to your home. Sometime like this happened recently to a friend’s sister. Either keep the remote in an obvious place in your car (so you know if it goes missing) or toss it in your purse or pocket before dropping off your car to be serviced.
Genie would like to give a lucky reader a SilentMax 100 ($199.00 value) and the Close Confirm Remote ($50 value). That is nearly a $250.00 value! Thank you Genie.
To enter please comment on why you would like to win the Genie SilentMax 1000 garage door opener.
For extra entries you can do any or all of the following. Please leave a separate comment for each that you have done. Extra entries are optional.
- Subscribe to She Scribes and/or Connect with Google Friend Connect. Both options are found on the right side bar.
- “Like” the Genie Company on Facebook, www.Facebook.com/TheGenieCompany.
- “Like” She Scribes on Facebook, www.Facebook.com/SheScribes.
- Follow the Genie Company on Twitter, www.Twitter.com/TheGenieCompany.
- Follow She Scribes on Twitter, www.Twitter.com/She_Scribes and tweet about this giveaway. Please include @She_Scribes in the tweet so I can see it too. This is limited to three tweets per day.
- Share this giveaway with others on Facebook, Digg, Technorati and so forth. Be sure to tell me what you did and please provide a name and/or URL so I can verify.
- Leave a thoughtful comment on a non-giveaway post on She Scribes and tell me which post you commented on. There is a limit of one comment per post, but you can comment on as many posts as you want for an unlimited extra entry option.
- Post about this giveaway on your site and please link back to this post. Please provide the URL.
This giveaway is open to US residents only and will end on October 12, 2011 at 11:59 PM (EST). The winner will be chosen at random using a random number generator from all eligible entries. The winner will be notified via e-mail and will have three days to reply with a name and mailing address (no PO Box), and phone number (shipping purposes only). Failure to do so will result in a new winner will be chosen in their place.
Other great giveaways can be found on the right side bar under “Win It.
*I was not compensated for this post in any way. I posted this for the benefit and enjoyment of my site readers. Any opinions expressed are my own. Genie will be providing the prize.