I ♥ Noodles! Noodles are so incredibly versatile. I always have noodles on hand because they are great for last minute meals or easy side dishes. Sometimes noodles with a pat of butter is all you need to fill you up.
My kids love noodles too. My kids would eat noodles every day if I let them. 🙂
There are so many different things you can make with noodles. Here are some of my favorite ways to eat noodles.
– Mix with grilled chicken, steamed veggies and Alfredo sauce.
– Mix with grilled chicken, stir fried veggies and some teriyaki or Yoshida sauce.
– Stir in shaved cheese until it melts. Easy “mac and cheese”.
– Serve as a side dish with pot roast and let the juice from the roast mix in with the noodles.
– Homemade chicken noodle soup
– Beef Stroganoff
My family uses Pennsylvania Dutch noodles. I actually started using them the first time I made chicken noodle soup. Their noodles were the perfect size and consistency for the soup. Not too big, not too small. They were just right.
I love that they have yolk free, whole grain noodles too. My kids don’t notice a difference. For all they know they are the same noodles we’ve always used. I love that I am able to offer my kids a healthier version of one of their favorite foods.
Pennsylvania Dutch Noodles are quick and easy to make too. That is why they often end up as side dishes to our main meals. I love to serve noodles with pot roast and meatloaf. It seems like noodles were made for those main meals.
Noodles are also easy enough for my kids to make on their own too. Of course I’m a paranoid mom so they can only make them when I’m around to supervise. There is no much involved. Just boiling water for the most part. I just want to make sure they don’t accidentally burn themselves when they are straining out the water.
Did you know you can find many yummy noodle recipes on the Pennsylvania Dutch website? Visit www.PennsylvaniaDutchNoodles.com to check out the recipes and to learn more about their products. You can even learn about cooking the perfect noodles and cooking with children. There is also some interesting information on how to store and correctly measure noodles.
Noodles often get a bad reputation. According to the website noodles are actually lower on the Glycemic Index then other foods. I always assumed pasta was a big no-no. I’m glad that it’s not. Of course you have to enjoy them in moderation.
Currently Pennsylvania Dutch is offering a $1.00 off coupon on two packages of noodles. All you have to do to download the coupon is “like” their Facebook page, www.Facebook.com/PennsylvaniaDutchNoodles. By joining their Facebook community you will be the first to know about special promotions, new recipes and of course more coupons.
I have a wonderful giveaway to give to a lucky reader – a year’s supply of Pennsylvania Dutch Noodles! The winner will receive 24 FREE product coupons, enough for you to pick up two FREE packages each month.
PLEASE NOTE: This promotion is available only to residents in New York City, Philadelphia, Boston, Hartford/New Haven, Washington D.C., Baltimore, and Albany. Giveaway shipments will be coordinated and paid for by Pennsylvania Dutch Noodles.
To enter please comment on your favorite way to enjoy noodles.
For extra entries you can do any or all of the following. Please leave a separate comment for each that you have done. Extra entries are optional.
– Subscribe to She Scribes (E-mail or RSS). Both options are found on the right side bar.
– “Like” Pennsylvania Dutch Noodles on Facebook, www.Facebook.com/PennsylvaniaDutchNoodles. Don’t forget to download your $1.00 coupon while you are there.
– “Like” She Scribes on Facebook, www.Facebook.com/SheScribes.
– Follow She Scribes on Twitter (www.Twitter.com/She_Scribes) and tweet about this giveaway. Please include @She_Scribes in the tweet so I can see it too. This is limited to three tweets per day.
– Share this giveaway with others on Facebook, Digg, Technorati and so forth. Be sure to tell me what you did and please provide a name and/or URL so I can verify.
– Leave a thoughtful comment on a non-giveaway post on She Scribes and tell me which post you commented on. There is a limit of one comment per post, but you can comment on as many posts as you want for an unlimited extra entry option.
– Post about this giveaway on your site and please link back to this post. Please provide the URL.
This giveaway is open ONLY to residents of New York City, Philadelphia, Boston, Hartford/New Haven, Washington D.C., Baltimore, and Albany and will end on December 19, 2011 at 11:59 PM (EST). The winner will be chosen at random using a random number generator from all eligible entries. The winner will be notified via e-mail and will have three days to reply with a name and mailing address (no PO Box). Failure to do so will result in a new winner being chosen.
Other amazing giveaways can be found on the right side bar under “Win It”.
*I received free product coupons in order to do this review. There was no compensation. The opinions expressed are my own. Pennsylvania Dutch will be providing the prize.