My husband and I are huge Star Wars fans. We’re not totally fanatical about the movie series some some die hard fans are, but we do love the series and watch it every chance we get. We can pretty much talk right along with the characters in the movie and often quote lines from the movie.
We have even gone so far as to name two of our cats after Star Wars characters. We have a cat named Anakin and another named Padmé. Our dog was almost named Obi after Obi Wan Kenobi. 🙂
Coming to theaters is the first film in the series, Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace like you never have before. It’s going to be in 3D!
I saw parts VI, V and VI in the theaters when I was a young girl. I never saw the prequels in the theaters. I think it would be pretty cool to see them on the big screen too. And in 3D! I can’t imagine how awesome the movie would be. I already love all the movies. I just think seeing them in 3D would be beyond cool.
This February, General Mills Big G cereals want to help celebrate the 3D launch by featuring collectible Star Wars pens in-pack of participating cereals. They are fun pens too. We have six of them – Anakin, Obi Wan, Yoda, Jar Jar, Yoda and Darth Maul.
There are eight exclusive Star Wars pens to collect including the ones I have (mentioned above) and Queen Amidala, R2D2 and C3PO.
You can find these pens inside participating cereals which include Cinnamon Toast Crunch (12.8 oz.), Lucky Charms(11.5 oz. – My favorite!), Reese’s Puffs (13 oz.), Cheerios (14 oz. – a family favorite), and Cookie Crisp (11.25 oz).
Each Big G cereal is made with whole grain and is an excellent source of calcium, so your younglings will have everything they need to start the day off right!
May the force and a tasty breakfast be with you.
The move is already in theaters (it opened on February 10, 2012).
I have a special giveaway for a lucky reader that include:
– 2 Boxes of Big G cereal
– 4 Star Wars character pens
– Star Wars sticker sheet
– Star Wars magnets
The giveaway is compliments of My Blog Spark and General Mills.
To enter please comment on which is your favorite movie in the Star Wars series – or – which is your favorite Star Wars character (it doesn’t have to be a pen character either).
For extra entries you can do any or all of the following. Please leave a separate comment for each that you have done. Extra entries are optional.
– Subscribe to She Scribes via RSS or E-mail. Both options are found on the right side bar.
– “Like” General Mills on Facebook, www.Facebook.com/pages/General-Mills/112649325414107.
– “Like” She Scribes on Facebook, www.Facebook.com/SheScribes.
– Follow General Mills on Twitter, www.Twitter.com/GeneralMills.
– Follow She Scribes on Twitter, www.Twitter.com/She_Scribes and tweet about this giveaway. Please include @She_Scribes in the tweet so I can see it too. This is limited to three tweets per day.
– Share this giveaway with others on Facebook, Digg, Technorati and so forth. Be sure to tell me what you did and please provide a name and/or URL so I can verify.
– Leave a thoughtful comment on a non-giveaway post on She Scribes and tell me which post you commented on. There is a limit of one comment per post, but you can comment on as many posts as you want for an unlimited extra entry option.
– Post about this giveaway on your site and please link back to this post. Please provide the URL.
This giveaway is open to US residents only and will end on February 24, 2012 at 11:59 PM (EST). The winner will be chosen at random using a random number generator from all eligible entries. The winner will be notified via e-mail and will have three days to reply with a name and mailing address (no PO Box). Failure to do so will result in a new winner will be chosen in their place.
Other fun giveaways can be found on the right side bar under “Win It”.
* I received free product samples in order to do this review. There was no compensation. The opinions expressed are my own. The products, information and giveaway have been provided by General Mills through MyBlogSpark