I love both lotions. I think I have an “addiction”. I keep lotions in every room of my home, on my desk and even in my car. I apply lotion every day all over my body and several times per day on my hands (I re-apply lotion after I wash my hands). I just love how my skin looks and feels when it’s well hydrated and cared for. If I go even a few days without applying lotion my skin quickly gets very dry. I wish I new why. I drink plenty of water and I avoid the sun as much as possible.
Summer time is when you want your skin to look it’s best. You don’t want to wear an itty bitty bikini or beautiful sundress and exposure dry, flaky, dull skin. You want your skin to look radiant and healthy.
Vaseline sent me some great moisturizing tips to help make your skin radiant that I thought readers might enjoy.
Top Moisturization Tips for Radiant Skin from Vaseline
1. Exfoliating is a good way to prepare skin for moisturization – it helps to remove dead skin cells from the outer most layer of your skin.
2. Moisturize after your shower or bath to seal in hydration and help prevent dry skin.
3. Moisturize everyday. Daily moisturization helps to create and maintain healthy looking, radiant skin – just make sure to choose the right lotion for your skin type and the season. There are three variants of Vaseline Total Moisture to choose from:
- Vaseline Total Moisture – Clean feeling lotion for healthy soft skin.
- Vaseline Aloe Fresh – Light feeling lotion for healthy fresh skin.
- Vaseline Cocoa Radiant – Rich feeling lotion for healthy glowing skin.
4. Look for unique ingredients,which are known for their skin benefits, in your lotion. Vaseline Total Moisture has pure oat extract, Aloe Fresh has pure aloe, and Cocoa Radiant has pure cocoa butter – each of these natural ingredients has been used extensively in skin care products due to their soothing and moisturizing benefits.
- Oat is known for its anti-inflammatory and anti-irritant properties. It is an effective moisturizer, which can soothe dry skin.
- Aloe is a known effective skin conditioning agent, which is also known for its soothing properties. It can help hydrate skin, leaving it feeling refreshed.
- Cocoa butter is a known effective emollient. It helps hydrate the skin and lock in that moisture to keep skin soft, smooth and glowing.
5. And don’t forget the recommended shelf life of your products, which for most lotions is two years after they are purchased.
I always apply moisturizer as soon as I step out of the shower. I also moisturize every day.
I learned that oat was good for really dry skin when I was pregnant with my daughter. My skin was so dry and itchy that it drove me crazy. The Dermatologist told me to take oatmeal baths and apply oatmeal products to my skin. It helped immensely.
Aloe is my “go to” product in the summer time to help sooth over heated and sunburned skin. No matter how much sunscreen I slather on my body I always end up getting sunburned some where. Aloe feels so good on burned skin.
I knew cocoa butter was good for the skin but I didn’t know it was an emollient. I found that interesting. I also found it VERY interesting that lotions have a shelf life of two years. Yikes! I have several bottles of lotion in the cabinet that are at least 2 years old, if not older. I guess it’s time to weed out the lotions and toss out the old bottles. Who knew that they would go bad or lose their effectiveness.
I have all three Vaseline Total Moisture products. These lotions are all non-greasy and fast absorbing. They also offer something called Stratys-3 multi-layer moisture complex. This complex helps to infuse moisture at the top, core, and deep down layers of your skin (stratum corneum – multi-layer surface skin).
I tried to take a picture of my legs to show you how shiny and healthy my skin looks, but my camera is not taking a good picture. My skin looks matte in the photos and that is not the case. Not to mention for some odd reason all my indoor pictures have a yellow tint to them and I can assure you I don’t have jaundice. LOL!
My daughter and I have both been using the Vaseline Total Moisture Cocoa Radiant lotion. The “tan” bottle just screams summer time. LOL! In fact my daughter thought the lotion was actually a “fake bake” tan (meaning it tints your skin to make it look tan) because of the color of the bottle and the fact that it says “radiant” on the bottle. Even after I told her it was just lotion she still continues to use it. This rich lotion gives a healthy glow to your skin, especially if you use it faithfully every day.
The Vaseline Total Moisture Aloe Fresh is already in my summer tote bag and ready for a day at the beach or the park. This is perfect to keep tucked in your bag to refresh over heated or burned skin. Unlike other aloe products I’ve in the past the Aloe Fresh is not sticky. That is my only issue with aloe products is that it takes a while to fully absorb and it often leaves your skin feeling sticky. I did not encounter that with this lotion. It has a light feel to it and it dried very quickly. My skin was left feeling soft, not sticky.
The regular bottle of Vaseline Total Moisture is great for year round use. Having well hydrated and moisturized skin should be a priority year round, not just in the summer months. Personally I find that the Winter months are the most harshest on my skin. My skin gets REALLY dry in the Winter months. Not just my skin but also my family’s skin too. My son’s skin dries out a lot like mine does during the Winter. Using the Vaseline Total Moisture lotion year round will help product my skin against harsh conditions, like the dry air that comes with being cooped up inside all Winter long.
You can find all three products on a store shelf near you where ever lotions are sold. You can also learn more about these and other Vaseline products by visiting their official website, www.Vaseline.us. You can also find them on Facebook (www.Facebook.com/Vaseline).
*I received free samples of Vaseline Total Moisture lotions and information about the products by RocketXL in order to do this review. There was no compensation All opinions are 100% my own.