Last year I posted about a special campaign that JetBlue and PBS Kids had teamed up for called “Soar With Reading”. You can read my original post here, http://bit.ly/M5KYiO (I shortened it).
Soar with Reading is a special summer reading initiative that wants to inspire and encourage children to get excited about reading. As a mom I try and encourage my children to read as much as I can. They were more open to reading when they were younger. Now that they are teens I have a harder time getting them to read.
Growing up I loved to read. For me reading was a fun way to go on a “mental adventure” to a far away land or exotic locale. Reading inspired me to want to draw and encouraged me to aspire to be many different things when I grew up like a teacher, astronaut or Oceanographer.
I am delighted to see that the Soar With Reading program is back again this year. I am also happy to spread the news about this wonderful initiative with my readers.
Here are more details about the program.
“Soar With Reading” 2012 Program Details:
- Visit SoarwithReading.com to access free summer reading materials, including an interactive reading list, reading tips and expert advice for keeping kids engaged in literature all summer long.
- While on the site, adults can also share the name of their favorite kid’s book, and for every submission, JetBlue will donate an age-appropriate book to a deserving child through partner Barefoot Books. Up to $200,000 worth of books will be donated through this program.
- As a special thank you, all adults who share their favorite book title on the site can also be entered into a sweepstakes to win great prizes, including a JetBlue Getaways vacation package!
- Separately, kids traveling with JetBlue this summer can also receive a free activity booklet with literacy-based PBS KIDS games.
- And lastly, JetBlue and PBS KIDS will be hosting several local Soar with Reading events in cities near you – visit SoarwithReading.com to learn more!
I love that this campaign has many aspects to it (donating books, sweepstakes, freebies for kids…).
Does your child love to read? Do you find that you are having a difficult time getting your child to read (“reluctant reader”)? I would recommend that you check out the Soar With Reading website.
JetBlue & PBS Kids would like to give a lucky reader a Soar With Reading drawstring bag filled with some special goodies.
To enter please comment on your child’s current favorite book, or any reading tips that you would like to share with others.
For extra entries you can use the Rafflecopter widget (below).
This giveaway is open to US residents only and will end on August 15, 2012 at 12:01 AM (EST). The winner will be notified via e-mail and will have three days to reply or a new winner will be chosen in thier place.
*I reeived a free product sample in exchange for this post. There was no compensation. The opinions expressed are my own and are not influenced in any way.