It’s almost Halloween. I can’t believe it. Before you know it everyone will be decorated for Christmas and then after that plotting out their New Year’s resolutions.
When I think of Halloween I think about candy, horror movies, costumes, decorations, candy corn and Autumn leaves. Something that doesn’t come to mind are avocados. When you think about it avocados can be transformed into an icky green concoction that just so happens to taste good. Not only that avocados are good for you and a lot better than all those ooey gooey overly sweet candies that most people over indulge on this time of year.
Avocados from Mexico has a special Halloween board on Pinterest that is overflowing with fun ideas that utilize avocados. Many of these ideas would be fun to serve to your family as well as Halloween party guests.
Check out some of the fun ideas they have on their Pinterest pinboard.
I thought it would be fun to create my own Ghoulish Halloween Ideas page too. You can check out my Ghoulishly Green Halloween board example here, http://Pinterest.com/SheScribes/Ghouliciously-Green-Halloween. Not only did I pin some of the Avocados from Mexico ideas there, but also other fun Halloween ideas from around the Internet and from Pinterest. I didn’t realize there were so many Halloween recipes that were made using avocados.
As I mentioned earlier in this post, Avocados from Mexico is having a fun Halloween contest called Pin to Win contest.The contest ends on October 29, 2012 so you’ll need to hurry if you want to enter. The top 10 pinboards with the highest number of pins and repins will win a $100 gift card. I know a lot of people have hundreds of followers on Pinterest so it shouldn’t be hard to get a lot of pins and repins.
Here are the official rules.
2. Create a pinboard titled “Ghouliciously Green Halloween” pinboard of your own, categorize it as “holiday” and tag it #iloveavocadosforhalloween
3. Your board can contain as many pins as you like, but at least 3 pins should come from the www.avocadosfrommexico.com.
4. Fill your board with everything you think makes a great Halloween celebration – you can repin from other Pinterest boards or pin from other websites, just make sure if you “Upload” a photo, you took the photo or have the rights to use it.
5. Tag your pins #iloveavocadosforhalloween
6. Then go to the Facebook page at www.Facebook.com/AvocadosfromMexico and enter your name and a link to your pinboard.
It’s that easy!
Make sure to follow Avocados from Mexico on Twitter – https://Twitter.com/GuacGrl.
Looking for more fun ways to Green your Halloween? Check out Green Halloween®), for great ideas. ( Green Halloween is a registered trademark of Green America.)