As most of my readers know I just returned from a press trip to the West coast. I learned a lot (which I will share in future posts). I also learned a lot about traveling. I’m not much of a traveller. In the past 10 years I’ve been on a plane four times – two times last year to the West coast and once this year to the West coast and another time to Montreal, Canada. Since I’m not much of a traveller I wasn’t really aware of all the “perks” that are available, from free hotel stays and room upgrades to free plane tickets.
A blogger friend of mine gave me his pass to the executive lounge for the airline we were traveling. I’ve never been in one of those lounges before. WOW! I could get used to that. It was so much nicer then hanging out in the airport by the gate. I was able to sit in comfy chairs, enjoy TV and yummy food. He had the passes thanks to one of the credit cards he uses.
Another blogger friend who was on the trip with me recently posted that you should join the rewards program for any hotel you are going to stay at because you can use your stay towards cool rewards. From now on whenever I’m invited on a press trip I’m going to make sure to join the hotel’s rewards program.
Rewards programs such as these have been around for a long time. In fact, this year is the 25th Anniversary of Hilton HHonors.
If you are not familiar with Hilton HHonors here is a brief description from their website.
Only with Hilton HHonors can you earn both Points & Miles® for stays at 3,750 hotels worldwide and airline miles with over 50 airline partners. And we offer several unique ways to pile on the points — earn them through hotel stays or with participating credit cards; or, consider purchasing them if you are just shy of that trip to the Caribbean. And when you are feeling generous, you can transfer them to family or friends who are also members. We also offer you an opportunity to donate your extra points to several charitable organizations.
Know that I am more familiar with Hilton HHonors I am going to join. Membership is free.
Hilton HHonors offers many different travel and non-travel rewards. I was browsing their reward offers and found so many rewards that I would love to have. I even compiled my Hilton HHonors “Wish List”.
- Canon EOS 7D Digital SLR Camera Kit or Nikon D5100 Digital SLR Kit – I NEED a new camera. It’s not so much as a “want” as it is a “need”. My camera just doesn’t work as well as it used to. Plus I really want to take my photography to the next level. I have been dreaming of a better camera for YEARS now. I would do anything for one of these cameras. They are pricey so it’s nice to know that you can use rewards points to get one of these. Just think of the amazing pictures I could have taken while I was out on the West coast.
- HP Envy Spectre Bundle – When I travel I find it hard to bring my laptop with me. First and foremost I worry about it getting broken. My life is on my computer! If something happens to it I can potentially lose a lot of important things, from photos to documents. I do back up often, but you just never know. I really want a netbook because they are smaller and lighter then a traditional laptop. This would allow me to get work done when I’m traveling, whether it’s at the airport or the hotel. If I had a netbook with me on my trip last week I wouldn’t be so far behind this week.
- Dell Inspiron Laptop Computer – I NEED a new laptop! I currently use a Dell, but my Dell is 7+ years old. It’s big, bulky and I worry every day that it’s just going to die out on me. This is part of the reason why I don’t take it with me when I travel because it’s bigger and heavier then the laptops that are currently available. Even if I didn’t have a netbook when I travelled, a new, lighter weight laptop would sure be nice.
- Broadway Show Tickets for Two – I hate to admit this but I live in New York, just outside NYC, and I have never seen a real Broadway show. I have seen off Broadway shows, but not an actual show ON Broadway. I realize that I don’t have to travel to get to NYC, but it’s certainly a fun reward I would love to take advantage of. If you are travelling to NYC I’m sure most people would love to take in the Broadway experience too.
- Biggest Loser Resorts – I need to lose weight, need I say more? OK… I really don’t someone like Jillian Michaels screaming at me while working out (I mean that in a nice way) but it would be nice to learn how to lose weight and what exercises I should be doing to help me out. With Hilton HHonors you can earn rewards for a one week stay at the Biggest Loser Resort in Niagara, NY. I actually think this is a pretty cool reward. It’s part vacation, part education and you’ll come back from your experience losing a few pounds rather then gaining like many people do when they go on vacation.
- Super Bowl 2013 Package for Two – My husband would FREAK OUT if we earned enough points for this opportunity. Not only does it include two tickets to the Super Bowl but it also includes airfare, hotel accomdations and more! I think I would earn the “Best Wife Ever” award if I presented my husband with this opportunity.
- Luxury Resort Escape For Two – My husband and I never had a honeymoon. We eloped almost 16 years ago (our Anniversary is October 18th). We got married at the courthouse on a Friday afternoon. We spent that night and the following night at an area hotel, then returned to our homes and went back to work (I was living with my parents at the time, he was living with his mom). The highlight of our “honeymoon” was dinner at the hotel restaruant and a comedy show. I really wish we had a REAL honeymoon. We also never go out much as just a couple. We usually have our kids along with us. Just once I would love to get away for a few days with my husband and have a real honeymoon experience. A 4 day/3 night escape to a luxury resort would be perfect.
- KitchenAid Glass Bowl Design Series Standmixer – I have always wanted one of these mixers. I saw a demonstration with the mixer and it’s pasta maker attachment. You can use it to make fresh, homemade pasta. Mmmm! I would love to serve out of town guests fresh pasta. Not only that you can make a variety of delicious things with this mixer. Plus it sure beats mixing things by hand which is what I have to do now.
- Dimplex Electric Fireplace Entertainment Center – I REALLY want one of these! My husband and I have been wanting one for years. Our current TV stand is black in color and attracts dust and pet dander like a magnet (I dust it 2-3 times a day!). Plus it’s ugly. Once we saw the faux fireplace TV stands we’ve been wanting to get one. Sadly they are too pricey. I love that you can save up your Hilton HHonors points for this beautiful reward. I would LOVE to have this in my home!
- Escalade Hot Shot 6-Ft. Air Hockey Table – This would be a “wish” for my husband (I would give it to him as a gift). We’re in the process of selling our condo (HOPEFULLY!) and buying a house. My husband said he’s always wanted a “man cave” with a big TV, comfy chair and a air hockey table. We have the TV and chair, so all we need is the air hockey table and of course a house to put into it. I don’t think I would ever spend the $$$ to buy one of these tables (pay the electric bill or buy an air hockey table…humm…), but it would be awesome to give one to my husband as a gift. I know he would be super excited about it and that would make me feel great.
Hilton HHonors has rewards in a variety of categories from travel experiences (hot air balloon rides in France, California wine tour…) to electronics and from fashion to pet products. The rewards range in points range in price so you can get lower point rewards quickly or save up for the bigger rewards.
Unlike other rewards prorams, Hilton HHonors also allows you to donate your points to charity. They have several rewards available that benefit Breast Cancer Awareness and other rewards that help out those less fortunate, such a helping to provide prenatal care for a birth mother as well as vitamins and supplements. They also have rewards that help out military heroes.
You can even use your rewards points to get gifts for others. With the holiday season fast approaching you could save time and money by ordering a gift or two using your Hilton HHonors rewards points.
Hilton HHonors is having a special sweeptakes in honor of their 25th Anniversary. It’s called the 25 Days of Winning sweepstakes. The sweetpstakes starts today (October 1, 2012) and runs through October 25, 2012 (25 days). Every day for 25 days, HHonors members will be encouraged to visit www.HHonors.com/25days for a chance to win exceptional prizes from a getaway to Times Square, New York, to HHonors Diamond status for a year. All the prizes are also available as part of the Hilton HHonors program.
I checked out the prizes. Oh my!!! I know I’m going to enter. For example, on October 3, 2012 they are giving away a Times Square on New Years Eve package which includes two passes to the New Year’s Eve Gala at the DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Times Square, four nights hotel accommodations, round-trip airfare (I wouldn’t need this since I live outside the city), 100,000 HHonors Bonus Points and a $1,000 Hilton HHonors Gift Card. I would LOVE to win that! I’ve always wanted to take my hubby to Times Squre on New Years Eve.
On October 8, 2012 they are giving away a $5,000 gift card and on October 14, 2012 they are giving away bikes for your family (four bikes). There are a lot of great prizes to be given away. You won’t want to miss out on them.
To enter you simply have to enter in your e-mail address. If you are not already a Hilton HHonors member, no worries. You can join for FREE. Then each day when you want to enter the sweeps you just have to submit your e-mail. It’s that easy!
To help encourage you to enter the sweepstakes I have a FREE night certificate (est. value $250) to give away to a lucky reader. The certificate is good for a one night stay at any of the 3,800 properties in the Hilton Worldwide portfolio. Thank you Hilton!
This giveaway is open to US residents only and will end on October 15, 2012 at 12:01 AM (EST). The winner will be chosen at random from all eligible entries using a random number generator. The winner will be notified via e-mail and will have three days to reply or a new winner will be chosen.
To enter please comment on this post and tell me which reward on my “wish list” would you love to have too – OR – Visit the Hilton HHonors website, check out the rewards, then come back here and tell me what reward you would love to have.
For extra entries you can use the Rafflecopter widget (below) but you MUST complete the initial entry requirement or the additional entries won’t qualify.
*I am being compensated for my participation in this campaign, however all opinions expressed are entirely my own and are not influenced in any way. Hilton will be providing the prize.