I love toys. Both my husband and I are just big kids at heart. Normally my desk is covered in toys. Sadly I had to pack everything up and put it away. We’re in the process of trying to sell our home and we packed everything away so that it looks less cluttered and more spacious. Sigh… I miss my toys!
I find that tinkering with toys is relaxing and they help me to de-stress. Whether it’s knocking around a Weeble Wobble on my desk, or seeing what kids of form I can create with my magnetic Bucky Balls, I find toys fun!
Do you remember Silly Putty from your youth? It was that flesh colored putty that you can stretch and mold into any shape you wanted? You could could even press it on a newspaper and get the images to “stick” to the putty.
Putty has come a long way since then. Take for example Thinking Putty. Thinking Putty is the same kind of putty that we’ve all come to know and love, but better!
Putty World is “THE” place to go for putty. They have putty in every color imaginable. They even have glitter putty, metallic colored putty and even magnetic putty. They even have putty that changes color.
You might be thinking to yourself “I’m an adult. What use would I have for putty?”. That is a good question. Let me answer that for you with a great list of reasons why you should use Thinking Putty.
Top Eight Reasons To Use Thinking Putty
- Stress Relief – Thinking Putty can be used as a squeeze toy/stress ball. The directions are easy, squeeze and release. Squeezing tenses the muscles in the hand and arm. When released, tension leaves the muscles and relieves stress from the entire body.
- Improve Hand Strength and Dexterity – Great for tactile and fine motor skills.
- Eases Arthritic Pain – Playing with Thinking Putty stimulates blood circulation in the hands which can reduce stiffness and pain associated with arthritic hands.
- Boost Attention – Thinking Putty helps awaken the body, making it great for class or meetings. Try Thinking Putty while on the phone to increase focus and avoid doodling.
- Lowers Anxiety – Using Thinking Putty can be soothing to both the muscles and the mind. The texture is easily moldable and can be very soothing to hold, squeeze, tear, bounce, etc. Nervous energy can be quietly released.
- Psychological Uses – Putty has been used by teachers and parents as rewards, used with children suffering from ADHD, and with Autistic children to replace a stimming behavior.
- Thinking Putty is Non-Toxic and Non-Gooey
- Thinking Putty is FUN!
I agree. Thinking putty IS FUN.
When I play with my Thinking Putty I either just smash it around in my hands or I pull it apart. Every now and then I just roll it up in to a ball.
Initially the putty has a rubbery feel to it. You need to knead it with your hands for a few minutes before it becomes more softer and more pliable, making it easier to play with.
I have one of my containers of Thinking Putty open on my desk as I am writing this post. The one I am using right now is called Mistletoe. It’s one of the cool color changing putties. It starts off as a bright red but the more you use it the more it turns into a light green color. It’s the warmth of your hand that makes it change color. It’s pretty cool to watch it happen too.
It’s distracting me. This post should have been written by now. I keep stopping to play with my putty.
I also have a glitter putty. It’s pretty cool, especially when the light hits it.
Thinking Putty doesn’t dry out so you can create little sculptures to decorate your desk, and then mash them up and start all over when you are done.
This is NOT just for kids. Trust me, adults love it just as much as the kids do. My husband and I each enjoy using the Thinking Putty as much as my kids do.
You get a lot of putty in each tin so there is plenty to share if more than one person wants to use it.
I love that it bounces. Just make sure you have control over it and your dog is no where to be found. We found that out he hard way. No one wants dog spit on their putty. Thankfully we were able to wash it off.
Here is some more information about Thinking Putty.
With over 30 amazing colors, this is one ball of fun as a toy, stress ball, or therapy putty
- Thinking Putty is non-toxic and non-gooey, it is the ultimate toy for kids and adults.
- Available in super Illusions, Putty Creatures, Glow in the Darks, Heat Sensitive’s and more!
- Thinking Putty can bounce, shatter, and stretch; Great for science and learning at home or school.
- Thinking Putty can be used in the office for stress relief or during creative brainstorming.
- Can be used as therapy putty to assist with fine motor skills, arthritis, ligament injuries, etc.
Thinking Putty is a great holiday gift idea, especially for that one person on your shopping list who is impossible to buy for. I think everyone has someone like that on their holiday shopping list. Thinking Putty is a fun and thoughtful gift or stocking stuff. It would also be a perfect “Secret Santa” gift, or even a gift for a teacher, the mailman or your neighbor.
Thinking Putty is available at Putty World, Restoration Hardware, Urban Outfitters and other retailers across the country.
*I received free product samples in order to do this review. There was no compensation. The opinions expressed are my own and are not influenced in any way.