I wish there was a Whole Foods Market available in my local area. Not only do I have people rave about the store, but I have never not loved a product available at Whole Foods Market. I have done several reviews for the company and every time I’m just as pleased, if not more, then the previous review.
If you are unfamiliar with Whole Foods Market, it’s a chain of grocery stores that sell meat and poultry free of growth hormones and antibiotics, unprocessed grains and cereals and other “better for you” natural and organic food products.
Did you know that Whole Foods Market has been ranked among the most socially responsible companies? It also placed third on the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s list of Top 25 Green Power Partners.
Whole Food Market has added approximately 30 new foods inspired by delicious dishes from around the world. Check out their new products.
- Whole Foods Market Tandoori Chicken Samosas
- Whole Foods Market Potato & Pea Samosas
- Whole Foods Market Vegetable Egg Rolls
- Whole Foods Market Chicken & Vegetable Egg Rolls
- Whole Foods Market Vegetable Potstickers
- Whole Foods Market Pork & Vegetable Potstickers
ITALIAN WOOD-FIRED PIZZAS:
- Whole Foods Market Wood-Fired Buffalo Mozzarella with Cherry Tomatoes
- Whole Foods Market Wood-Fired Margherita with Cherry Tomatoes
- Whole Foods Market Wood-Fired Stracchino and Arugula
- Whole Foods Market Broccoli & Beef
- Whole Foods Market General Tso’s Chicken
- Whole Foods Market Orange Chicken
- Whole Foods Market Sweet & Sour Chicken
- Whole Foods Market Fettuccine Alfredo
- Whole Foods Market Fettuccine Alfredo con Funghi
- Whole Foods Market Gnocchi alla Sorrentina
- Whole Foods Market Gnocchi di Polenta with Peas & Kale
- Whole Foods Market Gnocchi Quattro Formaggi
- Whole Foods Market Penne all’Arrabbiata
- Whole Foods Market Chicken Fried Rice
- Whole Foods Market Vegetable Fried Rice
- Whole Foods Market Shrimp & Vegetable Stir Fry
- Whole Foods Market Stir Fry Vegetables
- Whole Foods Market Caramel Apple Blossoms
- Whole Foods Market Chocolate Lava Cakes
- Whole Foods Market Chocolate Chip Lava Cookies
- Whole Foods Market Caramelized Panna Cotta
SIX INGREDIENT ICE CREAMS
- Whole Foods Market Chocolate Ice Cream
- Whole Foods Market Coffee Ice Cream
- Whole Foods Market Strawberry Ice Cream
- Whole Foods Market Vanilla Ice Cream
I had the opportunity to try out a few of these products.
The first product I tried was the Whole Foods Market Tandoori Chicken Samosas. I have never heard of a Samosa before but after reading the description I knew I just had to try it.
Tandoori Chicken Samosas are filled with a savory combination of roasted chicken marinated with fragrant herbs and spices, like cumin, coriander, garam masala and red chili powder. A tangy lemon yogurt sauce is then added to tame the heat.
These were so easy to prepare. I simply warmed up the oven, popped them in for a few minutes and they were done.
I was worried that these might be too spicy for me, but they weren’t. They were spicy, but not in a “hot” way. They were really flavorful! I didn’t have anything to dip them in but even “as is” these were really good. I wish we had a Whole Foods Market close to me because I would buy these again. I would love to try the other Samosa someday too.
I used the Whole Foods Market Chicken Fried Rice with the Whole Foods Market Orange Chicken. It was the perfect combination! It DIDN’T remind me of the food we get across the street at our local Chinese restaurant – it tasted better! It had a fresher taste and not heavily weighed down in grease like chicken dishes from fast food Chinese restaurants. The fried rice was not like regular fried rice either. It was considerably different. It actually tasted like something I could have made fresh from scratch. It had just the right amount of seasoning.
My husband and I loved these two products. They were made for each other. My only “issue” is that it wasn’t enough for my family of four. If I had the chance to purchase them again in the future I would buy two of each. There was enough for me and my husband.
I just had to try some of the new desserts. I opted to review the Whole Foods Market Caramel Apple Blossoms and Whole Foods Market Chocolate Lava Cakes.
I LOVED the Caramel Apple Blossoms! Oh my goodness!!! They were so good!
I love apple pie but not so much my family. They will eat apple pie but it’s not a true favorite of theirs. I happen to LOVE apple pie, but I cannot buy a whole pie for myself or I would eat it all (I would!). What I need is small, individual size apple pies. The Apple Blossoms were the perfect solution. They taste exactly like freshly made apple pie – but they come in small, individual servings. Now I can satisfy my craving for apple pie without having to purchase an entire pie. I just need to grab an Apple Blossom, pop it in the oven for a few minutes and enjoy. It goes great with a dollup of whip cream or vanilla ice cream too!
The Whole Foods Market Chocolate Lava Cakes were my husband’s favorite. He loves to order Lava Cake when we’re at restaurants. When I saw that they were Lava Chocolate Chip cookies I just had to try them.
The Lava Chocolate Chip cookies are thick. They have to be to have the chocolate sauce inside.
After cooking them in the over and letting them site for about a minute you are ready to dive into them.
Just look at the photos (below). I’m sure you can guess just how delicious they were.
There are two individually wrapped dessert treats for both the Apple Blossoms and the Chocolate Chip Lava Cookies. You can make both at the same time or just one. I wish they offered larger boxes (maybe 4 or 6 per box). Perhaps they will down the road.
I tried several of the new products and each one of them I truly enjoyed. They were simple to make and tasted fresh and homemade – not heavily processed or like something that has been sitting in cold storage for the past year.
Look for these and the other new products on a Whole Foods Market shelf near you.
To find a Whole Foods Market near you visit www.WholeFoodsMarket.com. While you are there be sure to check out the recipe section. While you are at it you might want to check out their Pinterest Virtual Cookie Swap contest. Four random people will win a $150 gift card. You can learn more about that contest HERE.
*I received free product samples in order to do this review. There was no compensation. The opinions expressed are my own and are not influenced in any way.