St. Patrick’s Day is next weekend. St. Patrick’s Day is a holiday where you don’t have to be Irish to celebrate it. I think everyone is a wee bit Irish on St. Patrick’s Day. For the record I do have a little bit of Irish in me too. 🙂
One of my all time favorite magazines is FamilyFun Magazine. I started to subscribe to it when my daughter was a toddler. She’ll be 16 in May. That is how long I have been subscribing. I even saved up YEARS worth of issues but finally had to give them away because I had no room for them. Now I just clip out craft ideas or recipes that I like and keep them in a box, which is now busting at the seams.
Our friends at FamilyFun Magazine were kind enough to let me share some wonderful St. Patrick’s Day ideas with my readers. I especially love the “Over the Rainbow” idea.
Over the Rainbow (pictured above)
- Small bowl
- Dip of choice (guacamole is a good choice)
- Bell peppers – various colors
- Fill a small bowl with dip.
- Slice four long strips of bell peppers in various colors and arrange them as shown.
- Cut two small cauliflower clouds, skewer each with a toothpick, then position one on each side of the peppers.
- Place sliced carrot coins beside the bowl for the leprechaun’s pot of gold.
- Cardboard tubes
- Green paint
- Fishing line/string
- Cut four half-inch rings from a flattened cardboard tube, then cut through one of the folds on each ring.
- For three of the rings, bend and glue the two ends to form a heart-shaped leaf.
- Fold the fourth ring into a triangular stem and glue the ends together.
- Glue the stem between two leaves, then glue on the third.
- Paint the shamrock green. When it’s dry, hang it with fishing line or string.
These are too cute!
Do you have a special craft or recipe that you enjoy making on St. Patrick’s Day? If so, I would love to hear about it. Please feel free to leave a comment and let me know.
*I was not compensated for this post. I posted this for the enjoyment of my site readers. These ideas were posted with permission.