Quantcast

Fun Earth Day (4/22) activities created by Disneynature for Wings of Life

Disneynature Wings Of Life Box Art

Earlier this week a film by DisneyNature called Wings of Life was released. I haven’t seen the film yet but I’m looking forward to it. I’m a butterfly lover. :-) Someone special to me (I won’t mention names) nicknamed me “My Precious Butterfly” (long story).

Here is a brief synopsis about the film.

From Disneynature, the studio that brought you Earth, Oceans, African Cats and Chimpanzee, comes Wings of Life — a stunning adventure full of intrigue, drama and mesmerizing beauty. Narrated by Meryl Streep, this intimate and unprecedented look at butterflies, hummingbirds, bees, bats and flowers is a celebration of life, as a third of the world’s food supply depends on these incredible — and increasingly threatened — creatures.

Directed by acclaimed filmmaker Louie Schwartzberg, Wings of Life utilizes riveting high-speed, time lapse and macro filmmaking to showcase in spectacular detail these unsung heroes of our planet.

In celebration of this week’s release of Disneynature’s Wings of Life, I have a delightful 25-page educational guide, created by Disney’s Animal Kingdom Education Team, which introduces learners in grades 2–4 to the amazing and often unseen world of pollinators through science, math and art.

These amazing activity sheets, games and units of inquiry help curious young minds explore the plant and animal worlds as well as the many ways that humans depend on them.

With Earth Day only days away these would be ideal activities to do with your family to celebrate the day.

To download and print out the activity sheets simply click on the graphic below. Remember there are a 25 sheets, but you can download and print out the ones you want most.

Click Communications: BLOGGER BUTTONS &emdash;
Kimberly

*I was not compensated for this post. I am sharing this for the enjoyment of my site readers.

If you enjoyed this post, please consider sharing it with others, leaving a comment or subscribing to the RSS feed or e-mail. ♥

Related Posts:

About Kimberly

Kimberly Vetrano resides in the suburbs of New York City with her family, five cats, dog, a tank full of fish and snails. She is also a freelance writer and photographer.

Comments

1. april yedinak says:

Thanks for the info. This would be great to have after we have seen the movie. We love butterflies here, too. For some reason, they also love my oldest daughter. If she stays still outside they are always coming to land on her.

2. jamie braun says:

ooooh, this looks really cool! my girls and I just love butterflies! my youngest’s room is decorated with them!

3. I don’t have a child in the house to use the activity sheets, but I appreciate the heads-up about Wings of LIfe. I can’t wait to see it! The hummingbirds should be arriving back here for the summer in a couple of weeks. But I’m really looking forward to the arrival of the butterfiles–last year I raised and released Monarchs, and I plan to do it again this year.

4. Great activities….I will have to send the length to my SIL for my nephews :)

5. Donna George says:

I keep seeing the commercials for this show on TV. It is now available on DVD, and I am considering buying it for my students.

6. My niece and nephew would love these activities. Thanks for sharing!

7. Janet W. says:

I will definitely download these activity sheets for my grandsons! I’d love to see this, too!

8. Sandy VanHoey says:

My daughter just sent me a picture yesterday of a place in Michigan where my granddaughters were holding on to a butterfly sitting on a flower. It was Dow Gardens and she said when they walked in, there were butterflies everywhere and landing on you and so many of them. The kids loved it so seeing this is really neat.

9. I love butterflies. They are so beautiful how could you not love them. This sounds like some fun activities for the kids. Thanks for sharing.

10. Robin Wilson says:

These ideas are just great! Oh how I love nature “films” and Disney always has the best photography! Keep up the great posts ~ I so enjoy them!

11. Looks like some fun activities. Thanks for the info.

Trackbacks

1. […] bees, bats, and flowers, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Education Team has put together a 25-page educational kit for children in grades 2 to 4 that introduces them to these pollinators through science, math, and […]