I know that I have readers from around the country, and even in different countries. This information may or may not interest you. If you are in the New York City area, or are planning a visit this summer, this is certainly something worth checking out.
This first fun event applies to those who’ll be in Manhattan, Brooklyn and/or Hoboken, NJ this Thursday (June 20, 2013).
On Thursday, June 20th (2013) a unique “fashion trend” will be hitting the streets around the boroughs of Manhattan and Brooklyn, as well as Hoboken, New Jersey.
The Bronx Zoo is sending 50 people out on the streets wearing a very distinctive accessory that ties into the zoo’s newest adventure, Dinosaur Safari.
This summer, Bronx Zoo guests will be immersed in the wonders of the prehistoric world as they hop aboard a paleontologist’s wagon and take an exciting journey back to a time when dinosaurs ruled the world. Visitors will encounter 16 large-scale majestic animated creatures, as well as baby dinosaurs and nests, representing numerous species that once roamed various areas of the globe.
The limited engagement outdoor exhibit setting will evoke a primeval forest where visitors will ride through a prehistoric environment that showcases the brilliant colors, scales, and fins that latest scientific research reveals may have adorned these incredible beasts. By comparing these adaptations of dinosaurs with similar features found in modern animals, the visitor will get insight into why animals look the way they do across time and the fascinating adaptations that help them thrive and survive.
Guests will disembark at the Dinosaur Safari Field site and experience what it feels like to be at an archeological dig. Guests can uncover fossils at three fossil digs, explore real dinosaur artifacts, pose for a picture atop a mighty T Rex, and even control a robotic Stegosaurus! Within the park, visitors can create hands-on dinosaur crafts and fossil rubbings, take home a memory from the dinosaur merchandise cart, catch the 4-D experience; Ice Age; Dawn of the Dinosaurs and watch the magical new theatrical performance of Adaptations! A Dinosaur Musical.
It sounds like a lot of fun. My family and I are planning to visit the Bronx Zoo this summer to check it out for ourselves. I’ll be sure to post my review about the experience.
Here are the locations of the Bronx Zoo Dinosaur Safari street team so that you can keep an eye out for them if you are in the area. The team members will be handing out discount cards for 20% off the Total Experience tickets (which includes the Dinosaur Safari).
If you happen to spot one of the street team members feel free to share on Instagram (@theBronxZoo) with #DinoTail and share the experience with your friends.
Check out this funny video that shows you what to look for. I love the faces of the people passing by. Too funny.
Here are the street team locations.
Locations for “Dino Tails” Street Teams:
- Battery Park City: Battery Place – Chambers between West St. and Hudson River Esplanade
- Pier 25 & Esplanade: Chambers – North Moore St.
- Gramercy Park & Union Square: 14th – 23rd St. between 1st and Park Ave. (Union Square is between Union Square E & W)
- Stuyvesant Square (2nd Ave. between 15th and 17th St. • Gramercy Park (20th – 21st between Irving and Lex) • Union Square (14th – 17th St. between Union Square E & W)
- Hudson River Park: N Moore St.–16th St.
- Hudson River Park: Chelsea Lawn 17th St.–34th St.
- Financial District: Bowling Green – Barclays St. between Church & Water
- Brooklyn Bridge: Barclay–Worth St. between Broadway & Pearl St.
- Soho-Nolita: Canal–Houston St. between 6th Ave. & Bowery St.
- West Village: Houston–14th St. between Hudson St. & 6th Ave.
- Greenwich Village-Noho: Houston–13th St. between 6th Ave. & Bowery
- Chelsea: The Highline and Chelsea Market
- Chelsea: 14th–22nd St. between 6th–11th Ave.
- Chelsea: 23rd–30th St. between 6th–11th Ave.
- Penn Station/Herald Square: 31st–37th St. between Broadway & 9th Ave.
- Hell’s Kitchen: 43rd–54th St. on Hudson River Park & 38th–50th St. between 8th &11th Ave.
- Columbus Circle-Lincoln Square: 51st – 68th St. between 6th & West End Ave.
- UWS: 70th–82nd St. between Central Park West & West End Ave.
- UWS: 83rd–103rd St. between Central Park West & West End Ave.
- Lower East Side: Below Houston St. between Bowery & Columbia St.
- East Village-Alphabet City: Houston–14th St. between Bowery & Avenue D
- East Village: East River Park and Stuyvesant Town
- Flatiron District: 14th–26th Sts. between 1st & 6th Ave.
- Murray Hill-Medical City: 27th–42nd St. between 1st & Madison Ave.
- Midtown East/Grand Central: 42nd–50th St. between 1st & 6th Ave.
- Midtown East: 50th–63rd St. between 1st & 6th Ave.
- UES: 63rd–79th St. between 2nd & 5th Ave.
- UES: 79th–96th St. between 2nd & 5th Ave.
- UES: 63rd – 96th St. between FDR Dr. & 2nd Ave.
- 42nd Street: 42nd Street between 10th and 2nd Ave.
- 34th Street: 34th Street between 10th and 2nd Ave.
- 23rd Street: 23rd Street between 11th and Park Ave.
- 5th Ave: 5th Ave. between 59th and 14th St.
- Central Park: 59th–72nd St.
- Central Park: 68th–83rd St.
- Central Park: 81st–97th St.
- Central Park: 97th–100th St.
- Brooklyn: Park Slope, Flatbush Ave.–14th St. between 5th & 8th Ave.
- Brooklyn: Prospect Park, south of Center Drive
- Brooklyn: Prospect Park, north of Center Drive
- Brooklyn: Brooklyn Heights, Atlantic Ave. to Old Fulton St., East River to Court St./Cadman Plaza
- Brooklyn: Dumbo, Nassau St. to East River, Bridge St. to Brooklyn Bridge
- New Jersey: Hoboken
The Dinosaur Safari street team members will be at these locations on Thursday, June 20th from noon to 6:00 PM.
Looks like it’s going to be a “Dino-mite” summer at the Bronx Zoo!
*I am a Bronx Zoo ambassador. I received a free family membership in exchange for my participation. There was no compensation. The opinions expressed are my own and not influenced in any way.