What makes the New Year new isn’t simply a change in the calendar date, because if you do the same thing over and over again, you’ll only get the same fate.
A shift in the mindset is what makes the New Year new, and your willingness to think in new ways, take new actions and create new relationships.
We sometimes do things repeatedly and live inside a comfort zone simply because it’s working.
Your success in the upcoming year isn’t simply based on what you attain materially but who you become. We sometimes get so fixated on the goals we set, but I believe that the way to have your best year ever is to be the best you ever.
You can only do this by growing and evolving into the highest version of yourself which requires that you step outside of your comfort zone and familiar routines.
So rather than playing it safe by looking at what is working and simply doing more of the same, dare to look at what’s not working and ask yourself these questions:
- What would be outside of your comfort zone and scary for you?
- What do you want to do that you’ve been putting off, that you know would help you grow?
- What would you do this year if you didn’t use money as an excuse?
- What would you attempt this year if you had nothing to lose?
We often let fear stop us from pursuing our dreams and passions. We sometimes waste time settling for mediocrity and allow our excuses to hijack our dreams.
The main fears that we must to overcome:
– Fear of failure
– Fear of being alone and not loved
– Fear of the unknown
– Fear of the responsibility that comes from success
– Fear of loss of control
– Fear of getting hurt
– Fear of looking silly
– Fear of commitment
In 2017, consider this: What if this was the last year of your life? What’s not given? What’s unexpressed? What’s not communicated? What’s unforgiven?
If this year was the last year of your life, would you be doing what you’re currently doing? What would you need to change in your life in order to have no regrets by the end of 2017? Be honest with yourself.
Life is short and none of us know the moment we will die. Every second, every day, every week, every month is a precious gift from the Universe not to be wasted.
Life gives no refunds.
No matter what happened in the past, you cannot change it or bring it back.
This year, commit to your freedom knowing that nothing is worth your peace and happiness.
We often hold onto things from the past because they’re familiar, such as our relationships or our jobs, even though they don’t fulfill us. Holding onto what no longer serves you keeps you stuck exactly where you are.
What do you need to let go of in order to have your best year ahead? The next level of your life will require that you let go of all that no longer serves you.
- Let go of toxic people, situations and energies from your life.
- Do something bold each day that scares you.
- Take one action step towards your dream daily.
- Don’t sweat the small stuff. Don’t even sweat the big.
- In the moments where you don’t know what to do, learn to enjoy the moments of confusion.
- Savor the question as much as the answer.
- Celebrate your failures.
- Make rejection your friend.
- Make love your religion.
- And even when things get tough, remember that no dark night will last forever.
- Love like you’ve got nothing to lose.
- Live like you’ve already won.
This is going to be your best year ever if you choose.
About the author:
Kute Blackson is the secret weapon of some of the world’s most successful people- billionaire CEOs, pro athletes, supermodels, actors, authors, and influencers. His book YOU. ARE.THE.ONE. shares the mindset shift that will unlock the big, bold life that is waiting for you. YATO has been endorsed by New York best-selling authors including Jack Canfield (Chicken Soup for the Soul), Marianne Williamson (A Return to Love), Don Miguel Ruiz (The Four Agreements), John Gray (Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus), and Lisa Nichols (No Matter What), to name just a few.
Kute is already inspiring some of the world’s most influential thought leaders with his work. Now, he’s sharing his secrets with the world. Kute’s work- through seminars, his viral videos and blogs, and his book, and his immersive India and Bali intensive journeys – has really changed the lives of thousands.