I’m a mom to two teens, but that doesn’t mean I don’t remember their toddler and childhood years. In fact I wish my kids were still children. I was so unprepared for the teen years. Not only that, my oldest is graduating from high school next month and that is making me really sad and wish even more so than ever that my kids were little again.
I work with little children, so I do get to enjoy seeing children having fun with super cool toys. Toys these days are so much different from when I was a kid. They are a lot more interactive and have more “bells and whistles” than the ones I had growing up. I think if my kids were still little I’d go poor buying all the fun new toys.
Let me introduce you to a brand that makes really fun toys. The company is called Yookidoo. Their products are available at Babies R Us stores nationwide.
Stack ‘N’ Spray Tub Fountain:
Water-jet powered fun in the tub!
- Base attaches to the bottom of the tub and draws water up through the center creating a magical fountain for bath time play.
- As boats and characters are stacked up on the base, the water flows through each one and out the top.
- Change the figures on top for different effects: red boat spins as it sprays, blue boat has a swiveling propeller, octopus spouts in all directions, and scuba pal sprouts hair as he squirts from his mouth.
- Figures are shaped for interchangeable stacking or to just float around the tub, too!
- Easy for kids to turn on and off by themselves – just press the orange peek-a-boo button.
Crawl ‘N’ Go Snail
- Musical battery-operated snail rolls along and spins his shell as he goes.
- Head turns from side to side.
- Perfect toy to encourage crawling.
- The shell unscrews to become a 7-piece stacker toy with a push-squeak face in the top.
- Push the tail to activate rolling and music.
Stack Flap ‘N’ Tumble
- Amazing, engaging fun that really stacks up!
- Stack up 5 big, colorful pieces, then drop 3 balls down the center.
- Hear fun sounds when they hit the bottom and come tumbling out.
- Soft, crinkly wings flap as the balls pass through.
- Each stacking block has a clicking or rattling activity designed to encourage exploration and hone motor skills.
- Flower funnel face features soft petals for tactile discovery
Flow ‘N’ Fill Spout
- Automatic play spout attaches to the tub and offers many ways to play with water.
- Water is drawn up and through the spout creating an endless stream.
- Three interchangeable tumblers each with a different spouting action
- Use the tumblers individually or stack them and watch the water run through all three at once.
- Swiveling arm holds the tumblers and can be placed directly under the stream or pushed off to the side. The spout swivels too!
- Easy for kids to turn on and off by themselves – just press the face.
Lights N Music Fun
- Motion activated soft ball – rolling or shaking activates lights and fun music – teaches cause and effect.
- Stimulates movement by encouraging babies to roll the ball and crawl after it.
- Light and easy-to-grasp – perfect for small hands
Pull Along Whistling Duck
- Pull Along Whistling Duck whistles and sings as your toddler pulls it along.
- Synchronized battery operated sounds start and stop automatically when in motion.
- If left unattended, “Pull Along Whistling Duck” will whistle and call you to play some more.
- Promotes balance and coordination.
The brand sent me the Crawl ‘N’ Go Snail to review. I shared it with the kids I work with to see how they enjoyed it. Due to the nature of my job I am unable to take photos of the toy “in action” with the kids.
By far one of the features that seems to get the most attention is the stacking toys that make up the snail’s shell. There are several toys that you can take apart. Each toys has something different about it.
In order to take it apart you do have to unscrew the one end of the stacker. Most toddlers can do that if you show them how. Young ones cannot so I found that I had to unscrew it all the time for the kids, which was OK with me.
The toy it’s self is super adorable. Even looking at it on the shelf it’s cute. It’s made with bright colors which kids love too.
It’s a lot bigger than I thought it would be, which was a nice surprise.
The toy feels very well made. It’s made out of heavy plastic.
The snail plays a fun musical tune that kids seem to like. It also does roll across the floor. It seems to do better on flooring than carpeting. Thankfully the rug at work is thin and flat so it hasn’t been a problem.
I watch kids interact with it. They seem to go more for the shell than watching it move across the floor. Even when I show them how it works they seem to just have more interest in the shell.
As far as encouraging crawling and/or walking I can’t really determine that because the kids I work with are different every day. As a mom I could see that this toy could encourage a baby/child to want to go after it.
I like it. Both as a mom and someone who works with children. I think the Crawl ‘N’ Go Snail from Yookidoo is a delightful toy.
*I received a free product sample in order to do this review. There was no compensation. The opinions expressed are my own and not influenced in any way.