Did you know that today is National Cereal Day? Did you “celebrate” this morning with a big bowl of your favorite cereal? I haven’t had breakfast yet but not doubt I’ll be having cereal. I eat cereal almost every morning. Sometimes I enjoy cereal for lunch or even a late night snack. Cereal is also great as a topping for ice cream or yogurt.
In honor of National Cereal Day I thought you might enjoy these fun ways to celebrate.
5 Ways to Celebrate National Cereal Day
1. Create a Cereal Bar: Surprise and delight family and friends with a make-your-own cereal bar. It’s simple. Put out large bowls of your favorite cereals, such as EnviroKidz Gorilla Munch for the youngsters and delicious and nutritious granolas and flakes for the whole family, such as Nature’s Path Pumpkin Flax Plus Granola or Sunrise Crunchy Vanilla for those who are gluten-free. In smaller bowls, have slices of cut fruit and fun toppings such as dried cranberries, raisins and coconut flakes. Include bowls of Greek yogurt, organic milk, fresh juice and you’ll have a celebration that will bowl them over.
2. Look outside the bowl and celebrate Cereal Day with muffins made with crunchy, yummy Nature’s Path granola goodness, hot from the oven and bursting with yum.
3. Lunchbox Envy: surprise and delight the lunchbox crowd with a cereal snack in honor of this special day. Pack a medley of your family favorites in a bento box with this cereal poem that will create a smile on even the most jaded eaters:
Ode to My Cereal on National Cereal Day
You are the crunch I want to munch
For breakfast dinner or lunch
You are happiness in a bowl
With nutrition that keeps me whole
You get me going when I am sleepy
And comfort me when I am weepy
Your nuggets of goodness fill me up
And help me ignore my brother when he grunts, ‘sup
Oh cereal this is your special day
We thank you for giving us energy to play
I love you I do so please hear my wishes
continue to fill my bowl full of delishes
4. It’s After School Snack Time or Work Break Munch Madness: dinner is still a long way off but we have the perfect way to celebrate the day and fill them up with good food that is nutritious, delicious and won’t spoil dinner: grab a banana for an infusion of energy and potassium, dip in almond butter for protein goodness then do the cereal roll by dipping the banana/almond butter duo into some of your favorite cereals for crunchy munchy snack-aliciousness.
5. Cereal for Dinner: Are you one that has the not-so-guilty pleasure of loving cereal for dinner? You can also have a family cereal nighttime celebration with hearty, healthy and oh-so-satisfying squash soup made with Smartbran for smart bodies.
How will you be celebrating National Cereal Day?
What is your favorite cereal?
*I was not compensated for this post. I posted this for the enjoyment of my site readers.