Mother’s Day is fast approaching. Mother’s Day, and Christmas, are both bittersweet for me. My mom passed away 10 years ago shortly after Christmas after being removed from life support. My mother in law passed away due to complications from pancreatic cancer seven months later. It goes without saying that Mother’s Day is not easy for me and my husband. Even though it’s been 10+ years I still miss my mom very much. I lost my dad earlier this year too.
I truly wish my mom and mother in law were both still alive (and my dad). They passed away when my children were only 3 and 5 1/2 years old. They are teenagers now. My daughter will be Sweet 16 next month. I wish both moms were alive to see how wonderful my children, their grandchildren, are.
It breaks my heart that my children have very little memories of their grandmothers. My son was 2 1/2 when my mother got ill and 3 when she passed away. He has next to no memories of her. My daughter only has a few. Both kids can barely remember what either grandmother looked like except for pictures.
I hope that I can make lasting memories with my children. I also hope and pray that I will have plenty of time on this Earth to make memories with my future grandchildren too.
Being a mom I have so many memories of my children. Good, bad and crazy ones. That is what being a mom is all about.
This year Hallmark would like to help you celebrate magical motherhood memories with products to help celebrate that special person in your life – mom.
For the record I was not compensated for this post, nor did I receive anything to review.
Here are a few suggestions from Hallmark you might want to consider for Mother’s Day this year.
- Pics ‘n’ Props: Pics ‘n’ Props add creativity and fun to family photos! Themed kits include props kids can use to take fun photos dedicated to mom (or grandma). After the photos are printed, put them in the frame/photo album included with the kit for a one-of-a-kind gift.
- Mother’s Day Signature Collection: Hallmark’s Signature Collection includes sophisticated, stylish greetings handcrafted with beautiful papers, rich textures and appealing embellishments. A great way to honor a special mom in style!
- Premium Classic Greetings: These greetings feature eye-catching premium designs with sparkle, shine, laser-cut patterns and bold colors that express messages of love and appreciation.
These products are not only ideal for your mom, but also for any special woman in your life such as your grandmother, aunt, step parent or anyone who is near and dear to your heart.
Hallmark would also like to give a lucky reader a special Mother’s Day prize package which includes an assortment of all the products mentioned above including;
- 1 Pics ‘n’ Props Kit (approx. retail value: $24.95)
- 2 Mother’s Day Signature Collection Greetings (approx. total retail value: $13.98)
- 1 Premium Classic Greeting (approx. retail value: $6.99)
Thank you Hallmark.
This giveaway is open to US residents only and will end on April 21, 2013 at 11:59 PM (EST). The winner will be chosen at random using a random number generator from all eligible entries. The winner will be notified via e-mail and have three days to reply or a new winner will be chosen in their place.
To enter please comment on this post and tell me about the special mom (or mom-like person) in your life.
For extra entries you can use the Rafflecopter widget (below) but you must complete the initial entry requirement or the extra entries won’t qualify. Extra entries are optional.
*I was not compensated for this post. I posted this for the enjoyment of my site readers. Any opinions expressed are my own and were not influenced in any way. Hallmark will be providing the prize package.