Mother’s Day is almost here (May 8, 2016). Have you found that perfect gift for that very special lady in your life? Flowers, jewelry, candy, dinner out… they are all wonderful ideas that any mom would love and appreciate. If you are looking for something more unique, I have a gift idea for you!
I am a HUGE fan of things that smell nice. My home is filled with essential oils, plugins, scented candles, wax melts and similar items. I use sprays but sparingly. We have a cat with severe asthma so I have to be very careful with the products I use in our home. That is why I tend to use natural essential oils. I use them to make my own cleaning products as well as to scent my home.
A brand name Anjou offers consumers essential oils and oil diffusers that would make a wonderful Mother’s Day gift (or year round gift). It’s something mom can enjoy every day.
Anjou sent me to review their diffuser and a package of essentials oils. Together they make a delightful gift.
The Anjou Aromatherapy Essential Oil Diffuser Portable Ultrasonic Aroma Humidifier not only makes a pretty decoration for your home or office, it also serves as a vessel to deliver essential oil aromas to your home, it also acts a a humidifier, adding moisture to the air.
The Anjou Aromatherapy Essential Oil Diffuser Portable Ultrasonic Aroma Humidifier features include:
- Huge capacity. The diffuser has a huge 300 ml capacity for up to eight hours of use.
- 100% safety. An auto shut-off when the water runs low, providing peace of mind.
- Small and portable. You can take the diffuser from room to room with you (you just need an electric outlet to plug it in).
- Forever décor. Seven color changing LED lights (each with a bright and dim mode) that can both blend into and accentuate your home, office, yoga studio, gym, or patio.
- Cleanse your life. Ultra-quiet ultrasonic humidifier keeps your living space clean and properly moisturized. Prevent dry air and flu/cold germs from infecting you and your loved ones.
Set up is easy.
- Remove the plug from inside the unit.
- Fill with water using the included measuring cup.
- Add a few drops (more or less, depending on your preference) of your favorite essential oil or oil blend.
- Plug in the unit.
- Set the time you want it to run for, as well as the strength (a light steam/mist or stronger one).
- Select the color you want for the diffuser or allow it to cycle through all the colors. You can even run it without a color (just white).
Here is a brief video I made of how it cycles through the colors. You CAN make it stay on one color (or just white). I also tried to get the steam in the video. I’m not sure how well it turned out.
Cleaning the device is easy too. Simply unplug it and using a damp paper towel just wipe down the inside where the water goes. Be sure to remove any excess water first.
I recommend that you clean it out after every use, otherwise the oils can build up and the scents will start to blend together and that might not smell so good.
I like that you can change the color of the diffuser. It’s a fun way to have it match your mood or to give a room ambiance. I tend to keep it on green because green is my favorite color.
I also like that the unit is small and you can easily tuck it inside a cabinet or the closet when not in use.
The works beautifully. Depending on how much essential oils I use I can smell it in the other rooms.
In addition to the lovely diffuser, Anjou sent me a set of their Anjou Essential Oils. I LOVE essential oils. I have a nice collection of them. One day I really need to go through them all and see what I have. I keep buying them. I probably have doubles of the more popular blends, which is fine for me because I use them daily.
Why use Anjou Essential Oils?
- Therapeutic grade quality. The Anjou Essential Oils are GC/MS tested to ensure 100% certified pure therapeutic grade quality. There are no pesticides, herbicides, fillers, GMO, or additives. The oils are stored in temperature controlled rooms, with minimal light, to ensure that therapeutic properties are not compromised.
- Variety—the essential oils set features six authentic essential oil flavors cultivated and produced from around the world.
- Lift your mood. Fill the air with the lovely fragrance of the sweet essential oils, uplift your spirit and relieve stress.
- Bury unpleasant smells. Cigarette smoke, pet odors and dirty laundry odors go away.
- Relaxation. The essential oils are great for aromatherapy and relaxation, usable in fragrance diffusers, oil burners, massage oil, shower gel, shampoo, bath water, etc.
The scents that come with the set include;
- Lavender: The most popular scent that recovers, relaxes, and exhilarates, produce of South Africa
- Lemongrass: Citrus flavored, purifies and refreshes the air, also calms and sedates
- Peppermint: Soothes, clears and stimulates your nerve, for when you need a clear mind
- Eucalyptus: Cools and clears respiratory system, a drop in massage oil effectively relieves pain
- Tea Tree: Known as the healer, effectively cures fungal infections and boosts skin suppleness
- Sweet Orange: The fruit of joy, uplift your mood with a slice of sunshine in the scent
I use Peppermint, Sweet Orange and Lavender most often.
I love them. I cannot get enough of essential oils. I use them in my diffuser, to make homemade cleaning products, to freshen up the garbage can or closet and so much more.
I also enjoy how Anjou packaged their essential oils. The box is beautiful!
Both the diffuser and essential oils would make a fantastic gift for Mother’s Day. On their own they are wonderful but when combined they are awesome.
Anjou products are available at Amazon.com.
You can save 20% off your purchase using the discount code – BZCWHEZM. It’s good until the end of May.
If you have Amazon Prime you get FREE 2-day shipping too.
What do you think about the Anjou diffuser? Does it look like something you’d want for your home, or to give as a gift?
Are you a fan of essential oils? Do yo have a favorite? What do you use it for?
Feel free to share your thoughts. I always love to hear from readers.
*I received free products to review. There was no compensation. The opinions expressed are my own and not influenced in any way.