My teenage son recently started to drive. I can’t believe my “baby” can drive a car. It seems like only yesterday I was strapping him into a car seat to bring him home from the hospital. Sigh… time flies too quickly.
Even though both of my kids are teenagers, I still worry about how safe they are in the car. They know to wear their seat belts, but as a mom, I worry that it’s not enough. I wish I could strap them in car seats again to keep them protected.
Car seats have come a long way since my kids were little. They appear to be a lot more safer and better at protecting children in the event of a car accident. I’m in awe of how well today’s car seats are made.
With this being the winter season where roads can become dangerous quickly due to snow and ice, it’s more important than ever to make sure your child/grandchild is properly protected.
Babies “R” Us recently partnered with the brand Evenflo to bring to consumers the first car seat tested to withstand rollovers.
Here are some frightening statistics all parents, grandparents and childcare givers should be aware of.
Rollovers have a higher fatality rate than other kinds of crashes.
Of the nearly 9.1 million passenger car, SUV, pickup and van crashes in 2010, only 2.1% involved a rollover.
Rollovers accounted for nearly 35% of all fatalities from passenger vehicle crashes in 2010.
These statistics are from Vehicle Crash Statistics at Safecar.gov.
I never knew that about rollovers. That is pretty scary!
Both Evenflo and Babies “R” Us are advocates for child safety. That is why they came together to create an innovative car seat which was designed to protect a child in the event of a rollover. It’s called the SafeMax™ All-in-One Car Seat, and it’s now available at Babies“R”Us stores nationwide and online at com.
The SafeMax™ All-in-One Car Seat is unlike other car seats on the market.
- Designed and tested for structural integrity at energy levels approximately twice the federal crash test standard, the SafeMax™ All-in-One is the first car seat that has been dynamically rollover tested.
- Evenflo is once again leading the industry with the development of a dynamic ROLLOVER TEST.
- The SafeMax™ All-in-One Car Seat is appropriate for infants and children from 5 to 120 lbs or up to 57 inches in height, in three positions – rear facing, forward facing and booster seating.
In addition to rollover testing, the SafeMax™ All-in-One Car Seat features an integrated steel frame to provide strength in absorbing crash forces and harness webbing to help limit head excursion and prevent ejection, as well as the following securities:
- SafeZone™ Headrest: A combination of premium materials designed to absorb and dissipate crash forces, providing advanced protection where your child needs it most.
- ParentLink® PREMIER Service: Provides owners access to expert advice, including live video installation service with a certified car seat technician. [FYI – this is VERY cool! You can video chat with a safety expert to ensure your car seat is PROPERLY INSTALLED in your vehicle, and ask questions about the proper fit for your child!]
- e3 Side Impact™ Protection: Significantly reduces side impact crash forces up to 50% through an expanded zone of protection and three layers of superior protection.
- OUTLAST® Performance Fabric: Exclusive to Babies“R”Us, this fabric balances a child’s body temperature for a safer, more peaceful ride.
This is like the “Cadillac” of car seats, that is for sure. If my kids were younger I would certainly look into this car seat for the both of them.
Proper Installation is a MUST. I have seen friend’s who have their children’s car seats installed incorrectly. When it comes to a child safety I will comment on it. I would never want a friend’s child to be in danger.
It’s important – for your child’s safety – that the car seat be installed the correct way. You cannot cut corners or “guess.” That is why I like that the SafeMax™ All-in-One Car Seat gives you access to safety experts. I wish more car seat companies would do something like that.
When in doubt you should take your child’s car seat to a safety inspection center near you. To find a location visit http://www.safercar.gov/cpsApp/cps/index.htm to find a car seat inspection station near you.
The SafeMax™ All-in-One Car Seat is available at Babies “R” Us.
Speaking of Babies “R” Us, they are hosting the “Great Trade-In” event at both Babies “R” Us and Toys “R” Us stores nationwide. This safety event helps consumers to rid their homes of potentially unsafe, old and secondhand baby gear and furniture, which is not up to the latest safety standards and exchange them for savings on new items.
The event will take place starting Monday, February 1st and continue through Monday, February 29th.
Rewards“R”Us loyalty members can take advantage of early access beginning Friday, January 29 through Sunday, January 31 by showing their Rewards“R”Us loyalty card during checkout. You can sign up to be a rewards member FREE at any Babies “R” Us or Toys “R” Us store.
Acceptable items include:
- Any used cribs
- car seats
- high chairs
- infant swings
- travel systems
- play yards
- toddler/twin beds
I think this is a wonderful service for the community.I applaud the Babies “R” Us and Toys “R” Us brand for doing this.
When you bring in one of the above mentioned items to trade in, these are your savings opportunities.
- 25% savings with trade-in of a used gear or furniture item
- 30% discount when using an “R”Us Credit Card
No trade-in? No problem! 15% off with an in-store and online coupon available on Babiesrus.com/GreatTradeIn starting February 1, 2016.
Best of all there are no limits to the number of items a customer can trade in.
The brands participating in this national safety event include Baby Trend®, Britax®, Chicco®, Evenflo®, Graco®, Safety 1st®, Sorelle™ and more.
After you have taken advantage of the Great Trade-In Event I hope you will share your experience (and maybe even photos) on social media using the hastag #BRUGreatTradeIn. Also, feel free to share information about the event on social media (Facebook, Twitter Instagram…) as well as with family, friends neighbors and co-workers.
If you would like more information about this event, please visit Babiesrus.com/GreatTradeIn.
To find a Babies “R” Us location near you visit BabiesRUs.com.
To find a Toys “R” Us location near you visit ToysRUs.com.
Both brands can also be found on social media.
What do you think about the SafeMax™ All-in-One Car Seat?
If your child/grandchild’s car seat properly installed? Are you 100% sure it is?
Are you going to participate in the Great Trade-In Event? Why or why not?
*I have partnered with Babies “R” Us to bring you this information. Although compensated the opinions expressed are my own and not influenced in any way.