I would consider myself a decent house cleaner. I will admit that I can’t clean my home as often as I’d like to. Now that I work part time in the morning I find it harder to get cleaning done. By the time I get home I’m either tired, have a dozen errands to run or I have blog posts to catch up on.
It irks me to see dust on my furniture. I’m also neurotic when it comes to disinfecting things. I’m always spraying Lysol and using disinfectant wipes to clean counter tops, door knobs, remote controls and other frequently handled items in our home.
We also have five cats, a dog and fish. Don’t get me started on the hair and pet dander.
I honestly didn’t give cleanliness that much thought until I became a mom. Don’t get me wrong, I wasn’t a messy person. I simply didn’t think about things like dust mites, germs and bacteria. If my place was dusted and vacuumed I felt that was adequate enough. It wasn’t until I became a mom that I gave things like germs, bacteria, mold, dust mites and pet dander more consideration.
We have an asthmatic cat too so I am always thinking about ways to keep our home and the air we breath cleaner too.
Here are some startling (and gross!) facts you might not know about.
- Just one dust mine alone can last up to 70 days, laying up to 100 eggs in just 5 weeks of life.
- Dust mites can survive in all climates, but thrive in homes, specifically bedrooms and kitchens.
- Worst of all: dust mites are among the most common triggers of asthma.
Ewww! Ewww! Ewww!!!
Knowing that makes me see dust in a whole new light.
You might think you are cleaning the dust off your furniture and belongings 100% but the truth is you can never really get rid of all of it. Plus you can’t see dust mites. You just know they are there.
Gross! My skin is crawling just thinking about it.
What if I told you there was a device that could help you clean and sterilize your home including carpets, clothing, bedding, sofas, pillows and cushions? Would you want to learn more about it?
The device is called Moneual’s Rydis UV-C Vacuum Cleaner. The cleaner uses UV-C sterilization technology to quickly sanitize around your home. The Rydis UV-C is an essential part of the home cleaning process to ensure a healthy and happy family.
When I was asked if I wanted to do a review I jumped on the opportunity.
Here is more information about the Moneual’s Rydis UV-C Vacuum Cleaner;
- Disinfect: Winner of the Red Dot Design Award and Good Design Award, the vacuum features a UV-C lamp that emits ultraviolet light to help kill dust mites and disinfect 99% of bacteria and allergens.
- Vacuum: UV-C vacuum’s 600 Watt motor suction power and high efficiency filter capture even the smallest particles, including the 2,000 fecal specks a single dust mite will produce in its 10-week life span.
- Vibration: Vibration Pad’s 3600 times per minute strong stomping shakes off dust to be collected by vacuum suction.
- Customize: Three easy-to-use cleaning modes; Mode One combines vacuum, vibration and UV sanitization, Mode Two combines vacuum and UV sanitization and Mode Three is strictly UV sanitization.
- Efficiency: Patented Absorption Prevention Technology ensures fabric won’t get tangled in the suction roller.
- Sanitize: Dust mites survive well in mattresses, carpets, furniture and bedding, with figures around 100–500 mites per gram of dust; Rydis’ UV-C lamp helps to eradicate them from your home.
- Safety: Floor Detection Sensor recognizes the change in surface if the Rydis touches the floor and automatically turns off the ultraviolet lamp.
- Upgrade: UV-C Vacuum Pro model includes lavender air freshener cartridge and Smart Touch sensor built into handle that allows the vacuum to operate only when you’re holding it.
The device looks like a handheld vacuum. It is but it’s so much more than that.
The device has a vibrating feature which helps to loosen up dust and dust mites while the powerful suction vacuum’s up the dust, dirt, debris and little critters.
In addition to vacuuming dust off of your furniture and belongings the special UV light sanitizes the surface, destroying 99% of bacteria and killing dust mites.
When you use the Moneual’s Rydis UV-C Vacuum Cleaner you can rest assure that your home IS clean after you clean it.
I’m not a scientist so I am unable to see how much dust, bacteria or dust mites are left behind. I can only say that it does a great job cleaning and I feel confident that my home is sanitized and cleaned.
I like that I am able to use it on our furniture – even the cat tree and our pet’s bedding. It does a great job of sucking up all the hair. I just have to make sure to clean it out more frequently then I do when I am using it on the beds, comforters and pillow (places our pets don’t frequent as much).
Our asthmatic cat seems to be doing a bit better. She’s off her oral medication and only using her daily inhaler. I don’t know if the Moneual’s Rydis UV-C Vacuum Cleaner has anything to do with that, or the allergens that make her have asthma attacks have decreased or a combination of both. All I know is that she’s off her pills at the moment (yeah!) and I hope to keep it that way. She has a heart condition so I’d like to keep her off the extra steroids if possible.
So far I am pleased with my results. Its easy to use and easy to clean. I only wish it has a handle option so that I could use it in hard to reach places. I would love to use it on my curtains but it’s hard for me to reach the top and I rather not have to take them down every time I clean.
I like that my teenagers can use this too and it doesn’t require special equipment, cleaners or toxic cleaners. It’s safe to use around children and pets.
If you would like more information about the Moneual’s Rydis UV-C Vacuum Cleaner visit http://moneualusa.com/index.php/home-direct.html/. While you are there check out the other cool products that the company offers like the robotic vacuum.
What do you think about this device? Does it sound like something you would like to use in your home?
Do you have issues with dust mites, allergies or asthma? Feel free to share your thoughts.
*I received a free product sample in order to do this review. There was no compensation. The opinions expressed are my own and not influenced in any way.