I find it amusing that so many business and companies have loyalty and perks programs. My wallet is filled with loyalty cards for about a dozen businesses including pet supplies and the place where we get our hair cut.
As much as I dislike carrying around so many cards, I feel it’s definitely worthwhile to sign up for loyalty programs, most especially at places she shop at frequently.
I’d love to get one of those cards to earn points and rewards when it comes to traveling (airfare). We just don’t like the idea of having a credit card in order to earn the points. We rather earn points as we travel.
The demand for bigger, better, and faster rewards are at an all-time high, even as many loyalty programs – and their perks – are being reduced in scope for members across a number of hospitality categories. Bucking the trend, Choice Hotels has recently announced a series of bold, exciting and completely unique changes to their rewards program, bringing greater and faster value to their over 25 million Choice Privileges members. Some of these new and improved perks include free nights at discounted point levels, instant digital gift cards, and points that never expire!
I LOVE that Choice Hotels’ points never expire. In fact, I think that is one of my favorite feature about them. I hate it when earned points expire just because I haven’t had the chance to use them yet. In fact, that happened to me earlier today. I was suppose to have enough points on a grocery food store’s perks card for .30 cents off per gallon of gas. When I went to get gas it was only .10 cents per gallon because the other points expired. Ugh!!!!
Choice Hotels’ program enhancements are being implemented to bring greater and faster value to the over 25 million members of Choice Privileges. Some of the new benefits include:
- Your Extras. Weekday travelers can earn a special reward — a little something ‘extra’ — right when they check in. For each qualifying stay that includes at least 1 weekday night (any night Sun. through Thurs.), the member can earn a special reward of their choice. U.S members have 5 options, varying from Fuel Rewards® savings at participating Shell locations to Amazon.com credit. International members have 2 options: 500 bonus points or 100 airline miles from participating airline carriers.
- FlexRewards. Get to a free night faster— Members can redeem points for free nights at discounted point levels at participating hotels, varying by season. There will be up to 2,000 hotels reduced during either the weekdays or weekend at any time.
- Digital Gift Cards. The first hotel company to offer immediate in-app gift card downloads, Choice Privileges members can receive instant gratification with new digital gift cards.
- Keep Your Points. As long as members stay active by completing a qualifying activity at least once every 18 months, they get to keep their points.
- 10 Points per Dollar. All 5,500 Choice Hotels now earn 10 points per dollar spent – including economy and extended stay hotels, such as MainStay Suites, Suburban, EconoLodge and Rodeway Inn. And, during our award winning promotions, it is now easier than ever to qualify since members no longer need to stay two consecutive nights at economy brands.
I really like that you can earn rewards such as Fuel Rewards® and Amazon credit. I always need gas for my car and I shop at Amazon frequently. It’s nice that they offer non-hotel related rewards which is great for people like us who can’t afford to travel often.
“The exciting new changes to our Choice Privileges program mark a major milestone in Choice Hotels’ history,” said Jamie Russo, VP of Loyalty and Customer Engagement. “While many rewards programs continue to decrease the value of benefits for their guests, we’re building a loyalty program that gives more and faster perks to travelers starting right when they join. We have built these new features around guests, and we want them to feel constantly rewarded by the new Choice Privileges wherever their travels take them.”
It’s refreshing to see that a company is taking their loyal customers to heart and developing a rewards program that offers so many perks.
If you would like more information about the new Choice Privileges rewards program, visit www.ChoiceHotels.com/Choice-Privileges.
You can also find the brand on social media. All of the links are found at the bottom of their website.
What do you think about the new Choice Privileges perks?
*I have partnered with Choice Hotels to bring you this information. Although compensated the opinions expressed are my own unless otherwise note and not influenced in any way.