Cosmetology is defined as the study and the application of several beauty treatments, and it is a growing industry around the world. There are many people who wanted to pursue a career in cosmetology because going to the beautician or the barber is one of the things that would never grow old, just like the food industry. Everyone would need to go to a cosmetologist once in a while, and there are more than seven billion people in the market. Most cosmetologists are starting a career after they graduated from a known school for cosmetology, like the Academy of Hair Design, and they are applying what they learned from the educational institution to create new methods and techniques on how to keep their clients presentable. However, there are other factors affecting one’s decision to pursue a career in cosmetology, and here are some of the reasons why.
1. Being a barber or a beautician would allow someone to control their own time. Unlike employees who are bounded by schedules and time restrictions, barbers and beauticians have the freedom to choose what time they wanted to work. They could open their own business and decide what time it should operate. As a result, choosing cosmetology as a career would allow someone to be their own boss, and do anything that they wanted to run their business.
2. Another reason why people are taking a career in cosmetology is that they wanted to express their creativeness. Their customers might ask them about the best styles that they could think of, and using all of the knowledge that they learned from an educational institution that teaches cosmetology, they could create new hairstyles that would please their customer’s request.
3. People who love to meet new people are also pursuing a career in the beauty industry. As a barber or a beautician, it is part of their daily routine to meet new people who would avail of these services. These people also have different characters, and the barbers and the beauticians need to adjust how they treat each customer to prevent them from thinking that they are rude. Meeting new people could also develop the barber and the beautician’s capability to profile someone based on their looks, which could eventually become a useful ability. This is what young professionals wanted to experience, and it is the reason why they are pursuing a career in cosmetology.
4. For those who love to travel, pursuing a career in cosmetology would allow them to journey across the globe. There are clients who would take their cosmetologists with them, and it would be a great opportunity to see the world. Another option is to establish a mobile barbershop, which would enable you to travel across the country and provide services to people living in different states.
5. Unlike the situation inside an office cubicle where everything seems to become more repetitive, pursuing a career in the beauty industry would give you a different story each day. Different people will be visiting the shop, asking for various hairstyles. Every day would feel unique, and it would prevent the barber and the beautician from being burned out from doing the same thing over and over.
6. Barbers and beauticians are also earning a decent amount of money. They would earn more if they will be hired by high profile individuals, or if they will establish their own shops. The average price of a haircut in the United States is at $28, and if someone would provide services to 20 people per day, they would earn $560. Hard work is the key to become successful when establishing a barbershop or a beauty salon.
7. The advantage of establishing a career in the cosmetology industry would be the endless number of clients who would visit the barbershop or the beauty salon. Everyone’s hair and beard would grow for a lifetime, and people would need to pay services from cosmetologists to make them look better, especially if there is a special occasion. With more than seven billion people on the planet, cosmetologists would have an unlimited number of customers who would need their services.
8. Finally, those who wanted to pursue a career in cosmetology would have the chance to help people be in their best look. It feels great especially if their clients would thank them for their services.