Can you believe that Halloween is less than a week away? This time next week it will be November first! How crazy is that? The stores are already putting out Christmas decorations and products, and I have seen a lot of Christmas related films on television.
I love to decorate. I decorate for every holiday and season, even holidays that many people don’t decorate for like St. Patrick’s Day and the Fourth of July. Our storage room is about 90% decorations, and the other 10% are things we wanted to save or items we don’t have a need for right now.
One thing I have always wanted to do was get an artificial Christmas tree and decorating it for all the holidays and seasons, not just for Christmas.
I have seen people on social media who use an artificial tree and swap out the decorations to match the holiday and/or season. I have always wanted to do that! I can think of so many ways I can decorate an artificial tree.
I was sent a tree to review from Nearly Natural. They sell quality, artificial trees, silk plants and artificial plants for indoors and outdoors.
I received to review their five foot Sierra Fir Artificial Tree with 200 Multicolored Lights and 428 bendable branches in a lovely decorative container.
I was going to go for white lights, but I honestly love colorful lights. Plus the lights on this tree are multicolored, not just red and green (Christmas colors), so I can use it year round.
This tree is so easy to put together. It’s literally just three pieces – the base, the bottom piece of the tree and the top piece of the tree. The lights snap together too.
I plan on keeping this tree up year round outside of our condo unit’s door. Unfortunately I did not receive it in time to gather enough Halloween decorations to adorn the tree. I do have a black crow that I plan on using as the Halloween tree topper.
The tree is the perfect size to stay outside our condo door. It fits nicely in the corner next to our door.
I will be tucking the cord under the welcome mat so that it’s not that visible.
The container that the artificial Christmas tree fits in helps to add stability to the tree, as well as giving it a nice, finished look.
The base is heavy in weight. It would take a lot to knock it over. I have six cats and none of them have been able to tip the tree over, even though they are interested in trying to fit inside the stand. I might fill the stand with something. It’s deep enough to add more foliage or even colorful tissue paper to match the holiday or season.
If you go on sites such as Pinterest, you can find plenty of decorating ideas for a year round holiday tree.
I didn’t have time for Halloween, but I was going to add purple tinsel (I found some on Amazon) and decorations such as bats, eyes, and spiders. Not to mention the huge crow that I already have to top the tree.
I have plenty of ornaments to decorate the artificial Christmas tree for the Christmas season. For Valentines Day I plan on making a garland out of heart and checking out my local craft stores (or dollar stores) for more Valentine’s Day decorations. Knowing how quickly stores put out the next holiday/seasonal stuff, I’m sure Valentine’s Day decorations will be in the stores in a matter of weeks, sad to say.
This tree is very attractive with or without lights on. I’m still on the fence about whether or not I plan on putting on the built in lights with every holiday or season, or just keep the lights off. There is also ample room to add more lights if you’d like. I am considering orange and purple lights for next Halloween. I have also found them online.
Do you have a holiday tree that you keep up year round? How do you decorate it? I’d love to see any photos you might have of your year round holiday tree. Feel free to comment and tell me about it, and you are welcome to email me the images (no worries, they are just for inspiration, I won’t share your photos).
If you are interested in a new artificial Christmas tree for your home, or you are in the market for artificial plants for inside or outside your home, don’t forget to check out Nearly Natural (NearlyNatural.com).
Nearly Natural has artificial Christmas tree in many shapes and sizes. Some come pre-lit and some come in containers. They even have holiday wreaths and garland.
*I received a free product sample to review. There was no compensation. The opinions expressed are my own and not influenced in any way.