I cannot believe that it’s almost December first! I have not started holiday shopping yet! Normally I am done (DONE!) by the end of October. This year time fly by too quickly, and now I’m going to have to scramble to get gifts for my family and friends. Ugh!
Do you buy gifts for your pets? I do. I love to spoil our four-legged family members (our six cats). As if they were not spoiled enough, I still like to gift them fun goodies.
We have a lovely holiday stocking with a cat on it. I store holiday themed toys in the stocking and when we bring out the stocking each year when we decorate, I give the cats that toys that are inside. When Christmas is over, we put the holiday themed toys back in the stocking for next year.
I think it’s a good idea to rotate toys, that way your pet doesn’t get bored of them. As research on thepets.net shows, there are many types of toys made of plastic, real or artificial fur, paper, synthetic or natural wool, and metal.
If you are looking for some fun holiday gift ideas for your pet (dogs and cats).
- WonderSnaxx NutterZ & SuperSnaxx Nutterz: The new “must have” for chew time, combining two dog favorites into one treat: beef hide and real creamy peanut butter. Dog’s get lip-smacking, mess-free goodness while their parents get peace of mind.
- Tumble Teez ™: Designed to sporadically dispense treats as your dog plays with the toy. This challenging puzzle dog toy is designed to keep your dog engaged and makes treat time last longer.
- FAT CAT The Buck Family Dog Toy: Your dog’s going to have some frolicsome fun with this crazy family of Hooved Hooligan plush dog toys. Made with a strong canvas material, all 3 members of the FAT CAT® Buck Family feature maximum Floppability® parts that flip and flop around as your dog gets crazy during play.
- FAT CAT Lappy Toppy Cat Mat: This large cat mat is made from durable canvas and filled with fluffy foam and organic catnip that kitties love rolling around and laying on. You can lay it down flat, or flip it open like a real laptop for your cat to lounge and nap on.
- JW Wool-ee Crawler Telescopic Cat Wand: This deluxe wand features an upgraded telescopic design that extends up to 4 feet for play, and then easily contracts for compact, organized storage. The segmented felt crawler attachment at the end of the wand gives your cat a life-like capture experience as you make it slither across the floor.
- FAT CAT Catch Of The Day Cat Toy: Available in two mischievous characters, Swim Shady and The Cod Father, both are stuffed with 100% organic Zoom Around the Room® catnip that’ll drive your kitty bonkers.
I was sent a few toys from Fat Cat to check out with our feline family members.
The Lappy Toppy Cat Mat is really cute. It looks like a laptop computer, complete with a “mouse” (toy) that is attached. My cat ripped that off within minutes. ANYTHING with strings they chew apart. They still play with the mouse toy, just on it’s own (not with the Lappy Toppy).
The Lappy Toppy is small in size, so it’s better suited for kittens and smaller cats. My huge cats lie on it, but usually just their front half.
We have a cat named Callie. She is blind. We adopted her from the shelter. Sadly, she was abused before ending up in the shelter.
Callie does not feel like anything is “hers.” She won’t lie in any of our pet beds. She tends to stay on the couch, in the corner. I guess she feel safer there, but we want her to know that everything the other cats use, she can use too.
Callie took to the Lappy Toppy right away. In fact, she sleeps on top of it all the time. We now keep it on the couch so that she can lie on it, and still feel safe (the other cats tend to pick on her).
I’m thrilled that Callie has her “own” little bed. She’s also a tiny cat, so she fits on it perfectly.
I also received the “Catch of the Day” toy. It’s one of those “kicker” toys that cats grab with their front paws, and kick at it with their back feet. My cats love this toy. They all play with it, even Callie. Callie even uses it as a pillow sometimes.
This is a nice size toy – one that won’t get lost under the couch, fridge or stove like the other cat toys.
We also have the JW Wool-ee Crawler Telescopic Cat Wand. Why didn’t anyone think to make the wands telescopic before? It’s not easy to find places to put the wands when not in use. I usually have to stick them on top of the fridge or behind the pantry when the cats are not using it. Because they stick out, the cats know where they are and often go after it (I prefer the cats not go on top of the fridge and knock things down at 3:00 AM).
With the telescopic want, you can easily tuck this away in a cabinet when not in use. FINALLY, someone “gets it” when it comes to how crazy cats can be – especially when they want to play with the toys at the end of the wand.
Fat Cat Toys are available at many retail locations across the country, including PetMate.com. The dog toys mentioned in this post are also available at PetMate.com.
PetMate.com can also be found on social media. All of their links are found on the bottom right of their website.
What are YOU gifting your pet this holiday season? Feel free to comment and share your thoughts. I always love to hear from readers.
*I received free product samples to review. There was no compensation. The opinions expressed are my own and not influenced in any way.