These days if you are going to act on a Disney series you best know how to sing. It seems like most Disney actors and actresses end up releasing albums. Case in point, Miley Cyrus, Mitchell Musso, Selena Gomez, Demi Lavato, Ashely Tisdale, Vanessa Hudgens and many more. Not that mind. I think these young men and women are very talented. One of them I am not overly keen on (I won’t name names but lets just say SHE is growing up way too fast!), but aside from that they are all pretty good.
Emily Osment who played Lilly on the popular Disney series, Hannah Montana, has released her debut album called Fight or Flight. I listed to the tunes on Amazon and I have to say she’s pretty good. I especially liked her songs All Boys Want, Truth or Dare and Let’s Be Friends are actually pretty good.
What I like about Emily’s music is that even though its “hip” and “trendy” like today’s popular music with ‘tweens and teens its NOT suggestive or raunchy. From the snippets of the album I listened to I didn’t hear her singing about wanting to spend the night with a boy or have an all-night make out session. Another words her music is CLEAN and something I wouldn’t mind my ‘tween and teen listening to. Unlike some of the garbage this currently listen to. Ugh!
Emily’s music reminds me of a cross between Brittnay Spears and Taylor Swift with a bit of techno-pop mixed in.
Emily co-wrote all the tracks on this album too. She’s truly a very multi-talented young lady.
I honor of the October 5th release of her debut album I have an AUTOGRAPHED copy of Emily’s album Fight or Flight to give away to a lucky reader. This would be GREAT for the Hannah Montana fan in your life, especially because its autographed by “Lilly”.
To enter please comment on why you would like to win this album and who the album is for. Its OK to say its for yourself.
For extra entries you can do any or all of the following. Please be sure to leave a separate comment for each that you have done. Extra entries are optional.
– Subscribe to She Scribes and/or connect with Google Friend Connect. Both options are found on the right side bar. ♥
– “Like” Emily on Facebook, http://www.facebook.com/emilyosment.
– “Like” She Scribes on Facebook (click on the button on the right side bar, then click “like” on the next page). ♥
– Follow Emily on Twitter, http://www.twitter.com/emilyosment.
– Follow She Scribes on Twitter (@She_Scribes) and tweet about this giveaway. Please include me in the tweet too so that I can see it. This is limited to three tweets per day, spaced apart (not one after the other).
– Use any of the social networking buttons found at the bottom of this post (Stumble Upon, Digg, Facebook…) to promote this giveaway. Be sure to tell me what you did and if possible provide a name and/or URL so I may check it out.
This giveaway is open to US residents and will end on October 15, 2010 at 11:59 pm (EST). The winner will be chosen at random using a random number generator from all eligible entries. The winner will be contacted by e-mail and will have three days to reply with a name and mailing address (no PO Box) or a new winner will be chosen.
Don’t forget the other awesome giveaways found on the right side bar under “Win It”.
*I was not compensated in any way for this post. I am however going to receive a free sample copy in the future for review. The opinions expressed are my own.