I just started back at work a few weeks ago. I received a promotion (yeah!). I’m now a site director for an afterschool program (I used to be an assistant director). With the promotion I also received a raise, which is also very nice.
My new job title also comes with much more responsibilities. I can certainly handle them, thankfully.
When I’m at work I’m always on the go-go-go. I really need to charge up my Apple watch. I bet I do 10,000 steps just at work.
When I get home from work all I want to do is sit and vegetate. In fact, I would love to take a nap, but I know if I nap after work I’ll have a hard time sleeping at night.
What I find myself doing it taking a nice, long, hot bath. I find that it’s very soothing and helps me to “decompress.”
Self care is also very important. If we don’t take care of OURSELVES, how can we expect to care for others and be in good, working condition.
I recently received some products from a brand called Spa Technologies. Spa Technologies makes have a spa like experience at home simple and soothing. The brand delivers essential items made out of seaweed to revitalize the body, mind and soul. Spa Technologies has inspired an industry trend and has been a trusted source for over thirty years.
I love that the brand has been around for so long.
Here is some additional information about Spa Technologies.
Founded in 1991, the cutting-edge brand has been a staple in luxury salons globally and now is available for consumers to enjoy. Products are based on restorative and antioxidant properties of sustainably harvested seaweed with aromatherapy elements that turn your bathroom into a spa. All are clean, cruelty-free, and 99% vegan (locally-sourced honey is used).
When founder Dan Fryda visited his family’s seaweed farm in Brittany, France, he became obsessed with thalassotherapy (using seawater, sea products, and an ocean climate for healing the skin and soul). His coastal heritage manifested into the first seaweed-based skincare company in the U.S. that inspired an industry trend.
The line features a high percentage of active ingredients that always include marine algae and seaweeds to make sure they provide the most benefits possible. Bring the goodness home and create a spa oasis customized to your liking. Whether in need of a detox or a soothing facial, Spa Technologies takes you to a place of peaceful enjoyment while helping you feel vibrant and replenished.
The brand has two special kits, one of which I was sent to review.
- Exfoliate, revitalize, and restore vital hydration wherever you need it, helping you feel balanced and refreshed
- Lift impurities as you soak after a long day, buff your way to beautifully soft skin, and restore essential nutrients for a youthful, healthy look
- Kit includes:
- Lami Salts – High in magnesium, potassium, copper, zinc, and iodine and as well as laminaria algae powder to revitalize skin and improve circulation; eucalyptus and rosemary essential oils help to detoxify while providing a refreshing scent
- Seaweed Exfoliating Body Wash – Cleanse to reveal soft, smooth skin; fine pumice exfoliates with a light, uplifting scent of lime, lemongrass, and spearmint
- Hydrating Laminaria Oil – Add directly to your bath or apply after to gently restore moisture and nutrients revealing glowing healthy skin
- Arnica Sports Gel – Apply to sore muscles after bathing for temporary relief of aches and pains
- Organic Cotton Bag – 100% GOTS certified organic cotton, free of harmful chemicals and made at a Fair Trade Certified factory; perfect for travel and gifting
- Price: $130
- Featuring a custom blend of botanical essences, seaweed extracts, green clay, and omega fatty acids
- Antioxidants help protect your skin, and shea and coconut butters infuse moisture for soft, supple skin
- Kit includes:
- Revitalizing Sea Cleanse – A deep pore cleanser with organic laminaria algae
Micro Pearl Exfoliator – A gentle exfoliating cream containing microparticles of pearl and fine pumice to refine surface skin, encourage cellular turnover and stimulate circulation; fortified with antioxidants and lightly scented with citrus & peppermint.
- Sea Clay Mask – Formulated with seaweed from the coast of Brittany, French green clay, and flower acid, this purifying mask decongests and shrinks pores, inhibits impurity growth, and controls oil production responsible for skin congestion
- Regenerative Oil – Regenerate aging skin with our blend of aromatic essences of geranium, ylang-ylang, rosemary, and clary sage that help stimulate circulation and repair sun damage, leaving skin with a healthy glow
- Eco-Protective Cream – A velvety smooth, light moisturizer for everyday use with a concentrate of seaweed extracts, omega 3 and 7 fatty acids, hyaluronic acid. and shea and coconut butters, providing a broad spectrum of protection against environmental aging factors and free radicals
- Organic Cotton Bag – 100% GOTS certified organic cotton, free of harmful chemicals and made at a Fair Trade Certified factory.; perfect for travel and gifting
- Price: $48
I received the Detox Bath Kit to review.
Up until I started back at work, I wasn’t taking baths that often. I would just take quick showers. But after I started to soak in the tub again, I’m really into takin baths again.
I LOVE the Seaweed Exfoliating Body Wash! This stuff is wonderful! It gently exfoliates while cleaning your skin. The scent is lovely. I cannot get enough of this stuff. I use it when I take showers too. I love how my skin feels after my bath or shower when I use this (which lately has been every time).
The salt is nice. It has a soothing scent. I find it very relaxing. I feel like my body is energized after I soak with these salts. I’m not sure why that is, but I do feel more awake and in a better mood.
I haven’t had the need to try out the sports gel yet. I’m sure I will once we have to put the Halloween decorations back downstairs in the basement, and lug up all the Christmas boxes (decorations). We have A LOT of Christmas decorations and it takes all day to bring them up and put them out. I’m positive we’ll need the sports gel then. I’ll update my post once I’ve tried it.
I didn’t use the Hydrating Laminaria Oil in the bath, only because oils make the bath slippery and that made me nervous. Instead I would apply it to my skin as soon as I stepped out of the bathtub.
The oil absorbs fairly quickly, which I appreciate. It also doesn’t leave a greasy film on your skin. You need to rub it in a bit, but it will completely absorb.
The oil has a really nice scent too. It’s pretty and refreshing.
I like the way my legs look when I apply the oil. I have a tattoo on my leg and I like how the oil seems to bring it to life again. It was looking a bit dull. The oil (in my eyes) seems to help my tattoo look more fresh.
This oil will be especially great in the winter when my skin gets dry all over.
These kits would make great gifts this holiday season. The recipient will certainly appreciate either one of them.
If you are interested in learning more about these kits or other products available from Spa Technologies, visit SpaTechnologies.com. You can also find them on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest. Those links are found on the bottom right of their website.
*I received free product samples to review. There was no compensation. The opinions expressed are my own and not influenced in any way.