If you follow my blog regularly you’ll recall that I was one of the five finalists for the I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter toast recipe contest. I was suppose to go to NYC for the “toast-off” and re-create my recipe for the judges. First prize was $5,000. Sadly I couldn’t go that day (I’m sure many of you recall the reason why). I am very disappointed too. The prize would have come in very handy.
I know that some of my readers like to attend Twitter parties. There is a party going on TONIGHT (July 19, 2011) that some of you might be very interested in, especially because there are plenty of great PRIZES to win. The Twitter party is called Toast & Tweet. Some of the prizes include free I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter products/coupons, a “Breakfast in Bed” kit, an egg and muffin toaster (sounds interesting), a panini press and the grand prize – a Dualit Yellow Toaster valued at $240!
The Toast & Tweet will be a fun evening of eating, Tweeting, giveaways and sharing delicious recipes with fellow participants and our hosts: Chef Kristina Vanni from @KristinaVanni (http://www.betterrecipes.com) who will be sharing her favorite I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter! spread recipes, along with I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter! Chef Normajean Longfield from Unilever who will be Tweeting with @ICBINotButter to give you tips on all of the great ways to use I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter! and answer your questions. You can also head over to Resourceful Mommy’s site to RSVP and see who else will be joining the party on Tuesday!
Here are the Twitter Party details.
Date: Tuesday, July 19, 2011
Time: 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm CST using #ToastTues.
RSVP: http://resourcefulmommy.com/6607/toast-tweet-twitter-party-tuesday/. There you can enter in your Twitter handle and URL (if you have one). This just gives the hosts and idea of who will be at the party. If you don’t have time to RSVP that is fine. You can follow the conversation with the hashtag #ToastTues.
Whether it’s white, wheat, or rye, we’re spreading the word that I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter! is the perfect spread for all of your favorite breads, adding fresh butter flavor with 70% less saturated fat and 30% fewer calories than butter. After all, great toast is all about what you put on it and I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter! can make it even more delicious!
I have my own special giveaway to offer my readers too, compliments of I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter. They created this giveaway based upon my own I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter recipe, Apple Pie Toast. You can see my original recipe here, https://www.shescribes.com/2011/06/kimberlys-apple-pie-toast.html.
The prize package is valued at $100 and includes the following…
– Spreader and set of four herb jars.
– Oneida Hard Anodized Fry Pan Set.
– Nonslip Bamboo Small Cutting Board.
– Avignon Serving Platter.
Thank you I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!
To enter please comment on your favorite way to prepare toast.
For extra entries you can do any or all of the following. Please leave a separate comment for each that you have done. Extra entries are optional.
– Tweet your favorite toast recipe on Twitter and include the hashtag #ToastTues and @She_Scribes so that I can see your tweet.
– Subscribe to She Scribes and/or Connect on Google Friend Connect. Both options are found on the right side bar.
– Follow She Scribes on Facebook, www.Facebook.com/SheScribes.
– Follow I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter on Facebook, www.Facebook.com/ICantBelieveItsNotButterUSA.
– Share this giveaway with others (Facebook, Digg, Technorati…). Be sure to tell me what you did and please provide a name and/or URL so I can verify.
– Add my button (found on the right side bar) or my text link to your website or blog roll. Please provide the URL.
– Leave a thoughtful comment on a non-giveaway post here on She Scribes. Please leave the URL of the post you commented on. Limit one comment per post. You can comment on an unlimited number of posts.
This giveaway is open to US residents only and will end on July 30, 2011 at 11:59 PM (EST). The winner will be chosen at random using a random number generator from all eligible entries. The winner will be notified via e-mail and will have three days to reply with a name, mailing address (no PO Box) and phone number (shipping purposes only) or a new winner will be chosen in their place.
Other awesome giveaways are found on the right side bar under “Win It”.
*I was not compensated in any way for this post. I posted this for the benefit and enjoyment of my site readers. I was a finalist in the I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter recipe contest. I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter will be providing the prize. Any opinions expressed are my own.