With Cinco de Mayo (the 5th of May) just around the corner, I thought my readers would be interested in this tasty, yet easy-to-make recipe for Mexican Chocolate Chili Cupcakes from Duncan Hines. Take the spice level up a notch and celebrate with a sweet kick.
While you are having fun baking this tasty treat you might also consider participating in the Duncan Hines 1 MILLION Cupcake Challenge benefiting Share Our Strength’s Great American Bake Sale. Share our Strength is helping to end childhood hunger.
From now until July 24, 2011, the Duncan Hines 1 Million Cupcake Challenge will provide bakers with the opportunity to win fabulous prizes including one of five trips to Los Angeles for seats on the Red Carpet of the 63rdPrimetime Emmy Awards and Double Donations to Share Our Strength each week. If you are interested in participating you can learn more about it here, www.DuncanHines.com/CupCakechallenge.
Get ready to enjoy a little Fiesta Time with this delicious cupcake recipe.
Mexican Chocolate Chili Cupcakes
1 pkg. Duncan Hines® Triple Chocolate® Decadent Cake Mix
2 tsps. ground cinnamon, separated
1/4 tsp. plus 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 tub Duncan Hines® Creamy Home-Style Classic Chocolate Frosting
– Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare cake mix as directed. You will have your cake batter in one bowl and filling in a second bowl.
– Add 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper to the cake batter and mix well.
– Spoon cake batter into prepared cupcake liners and pan. Fill cupcake tins no more than half full. Spoon 1 teaspoon of filling on top of the batter in the tins. Cover filling with a tablespoon of batter. Your tins should now be 2/3 full.
– Bake cupcakes as directed and cool completely.
– Prepare frosting by adding 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne pepper to each can of frosting that you use. Mix completely and frost cupcakes.
Hands-On Time: 25 mins.
Total Time: 1 hour and 15 mins.
*Recipe shared with permission from Duncan Hines.
*I was not compensated in any way for this post. I posted this for the benefit and enjoyment of my site readers.