I love my five cats, dog and fish. I want them to all have long, happy and healthy lives. Just like it is with my family (my “human” family that is), I am always concerned about what I am feeding my pets. I don’t want to feed them “junk food”.
I still remember the day about a year or so ago when the vet asked me what I was feeding my cats (dry food). When I told him he said, and I quote, “It’s a bowlful of Skittles”.
Skittles? I love Skittles, but I certainly wouldn’t want to feed them to my pets. I’m pretty sure that is not good for dogs and cats.
I also have a cat with Diabetes and another with Asthma. Because if them I became a label reader when it comes to pet food. I want to make sure that there are no ingredients in their food that doesn’t make sense to me.
When our cat Bella was first diagnosed with Asthma I tried to find out what could trigger an attack. I thought her food might have held a key to her attacks. After all, some people are sensitive to grains, so why not pets? Also, when in nature does a cat or dog eat grains? They don’t. So why would they be included in their foods?
Whole Foods Market has launched a new brand of premium pet foods called Whole Paws® that is grain free – both wet and dry foods. As an added “bonus” the dry food bags are in a #2 recyclable bag.
Made with real chicken, salmon and other wholesome, nutrient-rich ingredients, Whole Paws® – contains NO corn or soy, NO animal by-products, NO artificial colors, NO artificial preservatives and NO added sugar— and the new line meets all of Whole Foods Market’s strict quality standards. Whole Paws products officially hit store shelves on October 1st and will be available exclusively at Whole Foods Market locations nationwide.
The foods currently available include;
- Whole Paws® Healthy Weight Formula Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe – $7.99, 6 lbs.
- Whole Paws® Maintenance Formula Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe – $7.99, 6 lbs.
- Whole Paws® Grain Free Maintenance Formula Salmon & Sweet Potato Recipe – $13.99, 6 lbs.
- Whole Paws® Healthy Weight Formula Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe – $17.99, 15 lbs.
- Whole Paws® Maintenance Formula Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe – $17.99, 15 lbs.
- Whole Paws® Grain Free Turkey & Sweet Potato Stew –$1.99, 13.2 oz.
- Whole Paws® Grain Free Chicken, Beef & Vegetable Stew – $1.99, 13.2 oz.
- Whole Paws® Grain Free Chicken & Vegetable Stew – $1.99, 13.2 oz.
- Whole Paws® Grain Free Chicken Dinner – $1.19, 3.5 oz.
- Whole Paws® Grain Free Lamb Dinner – $1.19, 3.5 oz.
- Whole Paws® Large Dog Biscuits – Assorted Flavors – $3.99, 20 oz.
- Whole Paws® Small Dog Biscuits – Assorted Flavors – $2.99, 10 oz.
- Whole Paws® Dog Training Treats – Chicken Flavor – $3.99, 6 oz.
- Whole Paws® Glucosamine Creme Dog Treats – Peanut Butter & Molasses Flavor – $4.99, 9 oz.
- Whole Paws® Maintenance Formula Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe – $6.99, 3.5 lbs.
- Whole Paws® Indoor Formula Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe – $6.99, 3.5 lbs.
- Whole Paws® Maintenance Formula Chicken & Brown Rice Recipe – $18.99, 12 lbs.
- Whole Paws® Grain Free Shredded Chicken Dinner in Gravy – $0.99, 5.5 oz.
- Whole Paws® Grain Free Shredded Whitefish, Chicken & Tuna Dinner in Gravy – $0.99, 5.5 oz.
- Whole Paws® Grain Free Shredded Salmon & Chicken Dinner in Gravy – $0.99, 5.5 oz.
- Whole Paws® Grain Free Turkey, Chicken & Giblets Dinner – $0.89, 3 oz.
- Whole Paws® Grain Free Beef & Chicken Dinner – $0.89, 3 oz.
- Whole Paws® Grain Free Chicken & Whitefish Dinner – $0.89, 3 oz.
- Whole Paws® Scoopable Cat Litter – $6.49, 14 lb
Whole Foods Market sent my pets a variety of flavors from their new pet food line.
My dog gobbled up the dog food. He’s not one to be picky (he’ll eat everything we put in front of him). That is OK with me because I know the food I gave him was a “better” option than some of the other pet foods available for him. I have to admit that I haven’t always served him the best food. I felt good about serving him a dog food that was made with NO corn or soy, NO animal by-products, NO artificial colors, NO artificial preservatives and NO added sugar.
My cats tend to be picky at times. With five cats it’s hard to keep up with who likes what flavor/variety. A couple of my cats are picky (Bella and Padmé). I found that Padmé ate all of the Whole Paws® food that I served to her. If she doesn’t like something she’ll simply walk away. She didn’t do that with any of the foods. She ate whatever I put in front of her.
Bella is also picky. At first she liked all the flavors I served her but then she stopped liking the pâté and preferred to eat only the shredded varieties.
As for my other three cats they seemed to enjoy everything I gave them. None of them left even a morsel behind in their dish. They ate it all up.
My dog and cats appear to enjoy the new Whole Paws® line of food. As a pet “mom” I like knowing that I am serving my pets food that is better for them and are made with strict standards from Whole Foods Market.
Do you have a Whole Foods Market near you? Have you tried out the new Whole Paws® line of pet food with your pet yet? If so, what do you (and your pet) think about them?
Whole Foods Market would like to give a lucky reader a $50 Whole Foods Market gift card that you can use to try out the new Whole Paws® product line (or anything else you wish to purchase). Thank you Whole Foods Market.
This giveaway is open to US residents only and will end on October 25, 2013 at 11:59 PM (EST). The winner will be chosen at random using a random number generator from all eligible entries. The winner will be notified via e-mail and will have three days to reply or a new winner will be chosen in their place.
To enter please comment on this post as tell me about your pet and why you would like to try out the new Whole Paws® product line?
For extra entries you can use the Rafflecopter widget (below) but you must complete the initial entry requirement or the additional entries won’t qualify (I do check). Extra entries are optional.
*I received free product samples in order to do this review. There was no compensation. The opinions expressed are my own and not influenced in any way.