Awards season is in full swing with the “Big Night” happening on March 2, 2014. Will your favorite movie win many accolades including the coveted Best Movie of the Year award?
Some of this year’s most talked about pictures – Blue Jasmine, Captain Philips and Dallas Buyers Club I have not seen yet. I have seen Despicable Me 2 which is nominated for Best Animated Feature Film of the Year and Best Original Song, Happy by Pharrrell Williams.
The one thing that gets to me when I watch the award’s shows is that I have not yet seen the movies that are nominated for the awards. Normally I have to wait until after awards season is over before I have the opportunity to see them and see why they won the awards. Last year I lucked out because I actually did see a few of the films that were nominated but it was only recently that I saw Argo, which won Best Picture and Silver Linings Playbook which was nominated for several awards.
Did you know that with the click of a button you can catch up on this year’s favorite films with Movies on Demand? Movies on Demand (MOD) has many of this year’s most nominated films available to you to enjoy in the comfort of your own home. This is a great way to catch up on movies you might have missed. That way when the big night rolls around next month you’ll have had the opportunity to check out the nominated films.
Here is a list of Awards Season nominees that are available on MOD. They are linked for your convenience.
- Blue Jasmine – Best Actress in a Leading Role, Best Actress in a Supporting Role, Best Original Screenplay.
- Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa – Best Makeup and Hairstyling.
- Captain Phillips – Best Picture, Best Actor in a Supporting Role, Best Adapted Screenplay, Best Sound Editing, Best Sound Mixing.
- Dallas Buyers Club – Best Picture, Best Actor in a Leading Role, Best Actor in a Supporting Role, Best Film Editing, Best Makeup and Hairstyling, Best Original Screenplay.
- The Broken Circle Breakdown – Best Foreign Language Film.
- Despicable Me 2 – Best Animated Feature Film of the Year, Best Original Song.
- Prisoners – Best Cinematography.
- The Act of Killing – Best Documentary Feature.
- Cutie and the Boxer – Best Documentary Feature.
- 20 Feet from Stardom – Best Documentary Feature.
- Star Trek, Into the Darkness – Best Visual Effects.
If you would like to learn more about the 2014 Awards Season nominated films, or see other films that are available, visit the special Awards Season landing page on the Movies on Demand website. You’ll find a couple of movies there that were not nominated for an award but certainly should have been, like Fruitvale Station (great movie) and The Butler.
For information about how to rent movies on Movies on Demand visit their FAQ page. You can also check out all the other great movies available for rent on the official Movies on Demand website – RentMoviesonDemand.com. Be sure to check out their Facebook page for updates and more.
MOD would like to help you get a jump start on viewing this year’s nominated films with a special giveaway. One lucky reader will receive;
- $20 Cable Cash to order movies
- $25 VISA gift card to buy snacks
- MOD “Swag” (branded products)
Thank you MOD!
This giveaway is open to US residents only and will end on February 22, 2014 at 11:59 PM (EST). The winner will be chosen at random using a random number generator from all eligible entries. The winner will be notified via e-mail and will have three days to reply or a new winner will be chosen in their place.
To enter please comment on which nominated film you would love to see on Movies on Demand if you were the lucky winner?
For extra entries you can use the Rafflecopter widget (below) but you must complete the initial entry requirement or the additional entries won’t qualify (I do check). Extra entries are optional.
*Although compensated the opinions expressed in this post are entirely my own and not influenced in any way. MOD will be providing the prize package.