One of the popular assignments in colleges is to write an essay about a book. It can be either the studied book or one’s favorite one. If it is your table book, it is half of the success and you are less likely to come across many issues. When it comes to lengthy books that do not inspire any interest, here is where many students fail and get poor grades. Read this guide to understand how to master this type of paper easily with no trouble.
Approaching the Book Essay Writing
Essays on books are commonly referred to as persuasive ones, where a student has to do their best to persuade or encourage a reader to read a book or learn a particular point delivered by them. It is achieved with the help of strong arguments, and your own passion and interest regarding the book. There are several tips on writing it, learn them below.
#1 Start with a Logical Thesis
A thesis is the heart of your introduction and helps readers to understand what you are going to speak about. You should look ahead about your future arguments which will support your thesis in the main body. For instance, the path of the least resistance is to find quotes of the chosen book online and paraphrase them by adding your own thoughts. Or, when reading a book, you can alone highlight necessary statements to then enhance your position. Beyond that, there might be a hook. Note, a thesis should be short and precise. No need to reveal the whole plot of the book, because there will be no sense in reading the essay.
#2 Let Your Thoughts Generate Ideas
Any paper is written by brainstorming ideas. Think about the approximate appearance of your essay. Think about what can be extracted from the book to correlate with modern problems and challenges of societies. For instance, if you write about the undoubtful classic Romeo and Juliet, remember what events can be correlated to the current phenomenon of love and tragedy. Your task is to gather as many ideas that can change one’s perception as possible. For this purpose, you can use an outline that structures everything per the introduction, main body, and conclusion.
#3 Start with Your Introduction
As was hinted above, a thesis is an integral part of the introduction, but what is there else? It can be your analysis of the quote, or anecdote even that fits the topic or book theme. You should also feature some information about the book itself, the author, and his/her motives for writing it. According to essay services, the introduction stands for 100-150 words if your essay is 500 words. Do not go over the 100-150 word count because there will be no sense in the main body.
#4 Compose Main Body Paragraphs
Your main body involves arguments to support the thesis and show a reader the importance and value of the book. If you have 5 paragraphs, each should support one with an argument. You can add quotes or refer to the author’s main statements that deliver important meaning. If applicable, you can also refer to comparisons of your favorite book to similar plot books and compare them in styles.
#5 Finalize with the Conclusion
The conclusion should also refer to the thesis with no new information for the reader. You have to wrap all your main body arguments and make a firm final statement that can express your overall impression of the book. Tell your reader whether you recommend reading it or you can offer some alternatives. If you plan to deliver your essay in front of the audience, you can also add questions for debates and negotiations.
How to Encourage One to Read Your Favorite Book?
The final chapter of the article is dedicated to the tips of persuasion. To encourage one person to read a book, you should love it alone, without any fake opinions or inspirations. Do the following:
- Do not go deep into storytelling. It especially concerns the spoilers. Based on essay writing help, if your book is not on everyone’s lips, there are more chances to encourage one to learn about it. You can share the details on the author, main characters, but do not tell what the ending is there;
- Do not repeat the same arguments, but repeat the pros. This is a very risky method, however, same as with marketing, you can insist on the pros of the product (book) to program in the reader’s mind that it is worth buying (reading). Just try to back up every pro with some kind of explanation in different ways;
- Do not be biased. If you do not like a book, but want others to read it and give an unbiased opinion, do not try to kill all the author’s attempts of delivering a message. Every argument should come with facts and evidence. You cannot simply say it is bad because I think so;
- Speak of how it affected your life. The genius approach to encouraging a person to read a book after acknowledging your essay is to speak of its effects. It can be how a book managed to change your perception of life, friendship, love, a world among others;
- Consult professionals. With companies that offer “write an essay for me” expert services, many students learn how to write such essays with samples. You can refer to a custom writing company and ask what they may recommend for your particular case.
The final pro regarding college paper writing service is that with them, you can order book essays of any complexity and deadline at affordable pricing. Imagine, you run out of time for other assignments but cannot simply find a moment to read a lengthy book. A professional paper writing service will assist with that. Otherwise, do always have a good feeling of time management to cope with all tasks on time.